Format: DVD|Change

on 20 December 2012
Well, maybe not quite so mad nowadays. But probably playing at his best.

I first saw MSG in 1983. I then saw him supporting his brothers band in 2007. He was a mess. Struggled to stand, and couldn't hit a note. I thought thats the end for MS.

How wrong I was!

I heard he had turned himself around, was clean & dry, lost a ton of weight. So on that, in 2011 I went to see him at the Picturedrome. My god, I was amazed. He was back, to his very best, so I went this year to see him again, but this time he had Herman ze german on drums, and Francis Buchholz on bass - original Scorpions rhythm section. The set list was the best of his own, best of UFO, and some classic Scorpions + a couple from his new ToR release.

Again, he was at the top of his game. I spent a lot of time on Youtube looking at clips from this & his last tour. I longed for a high quality souveniere. I was delighted when I discovered that this last tour was going to be released on a DVD. I received it last week. It's a top quality product. The audio is excellent. The video is on the whole excellent as well, just a couple of petty criticisms from me, which I'll keep to myself.

Overall, I'm delighted with this DVD and thoroughly recommend it to any Schenker fan.

It's so good to see MS on stage, playing his best, and appearing to enjoy himself.

Keep on rawking!
on 29 January 2013
This is one awesome music DVD. Michael Schemker has always been one of my favourite rock guitarits, despite his idiosyncratic reputation. Live in Europe really does recapture those halcyon days of Schenker when he was the mad axe man with Scorpions, UFO and MSG.
What I have always admired most about Schenker is his innate ability to deliver searing or dextrous solos one minite and sledgehammer riffs the next and believe me it is all captured here. To hear the classics of the aforementioned classic rock bands brought up to-date by the man himself is a privilege. He looks in great physical shape too, including the cool tattoos.
You cannot help but recall the glory days when you see Schenker teamed up again with his Scorpions buddies, the mighty Herman Rarebell on drums and Francis Bucholz chugging out the basslines.Doogie White is a great choice on lead vocals too as he can carry the Meine, Mogg, Barden mantle with aplomb.
Of course Schemker is the star of the show, so plug in, turn up the volume, turn out the lights and get ready to rock. Into the Arena and Armed and Ready tear at you from the start and the pace and the classics don't relent until the encore is done. From the Scorpions era, Another Piece of Meat, Rock You Like A Hurricane blister from the speakers. Holiday, with its combo of accoustic beauty segued into crushing riffs, as majestic as ever. Then Coast to Coast, the most brutal riff laden instrumental rock track ever. Plenty to delight UFO fans too with equally top quality versions of Lights Out, Let It Roll and Shoot Shoot. No Schenker show would be complete without Lights Out and Doctor Doctor and these versions are jaw droppingly good. To hear Schenker crank out Doctor Doctor again is really special.
I cannot recommend this DVD enough for fans of these bands, Schenker or just brilliant classic rock.Get it and play it now!
on 1 January 2013
What an amazing concert with one of the best rock guitarist around. I have followed his career for many years with some of my favourite bands from the 70's and onwards. Who could never forget The Scorpions, although he featured on a couple of tracks on "Lovedrive", then came the classic UFO lineup, followed by the very early 80's material up until the present. it would have been great to see the original singers on each track but that's a dream.
With Doogie White and Michael Voss they do their utmost to re-create the past. Also to have Herman Rarebell & Francis Bucholz back in the fold is a huge bonus. You could tell everyone was having an absolute blast, excellent material from Schenker's illustrious career.
on 17 May 2015
Bought this the moment I saw it as M.Schenker has always been my Guitar hero and I rate him as the most melodic electric player ever. First impression was wow he looks old now... but I shoulden't have worried the magic in his fingers is still there and he's obviously still loving the touring. Many of the old favourites are played here and the current lineup does a great supporting job for the maestro.
I've always loved the way he's so unnassuming letting the vocalists do the talking, but I'd imagine all eyes are on MS when the next solo starts, which as always are played to perfection. I'm really glad he doesn't improvise too much - and I'm sure that he could, as the original solos just cant be bettered. If your a Schenker devotee then dont think twice about buying this, just get it. He is one of a very small elite group of players that you immediately recognise after hearing only a few notes. Hope there's more DVD's to come!
on 1 April 2013
Michael's best live album! Great, great set. A band of professional's enjoying each other's company and the moment. I'm not a musician and don't understand or care about settings, pedals etc. All I know is when Michael plugs in the music comes alive in a way no other guitarist can manage. It's the difference between vinyl and cd, he brings the crackle of a vinyl record to live on stage. The rest of the guys turn in great performances as well.

It's a really good package. Good production, great playing. Just outstanding.

Unbeatable.
on 26 April 2016
THIS IS FANTASTIC IN EVERY WAY.........BUT! I DON'T LIKE THE SECOND GUITARIST TRYING TO BE DIAMOND DARELL FROM PANTERA HE EVEN HAS A DEAN GUITAR AND IS TOO LOUD IN THE MIX....SORRY BUT HE IS AT THE WRONG GIG!!
EVERYTHING ELSE I ENJOYED!!
on 16 October 2015
I'm a fan of Michael Schenker -- take that as given -- so are you, but this is an awesome video for a couple of reasons.
Because firstly, he's playing at the top of his game. Yep, we know he has his ups and downs -- this is a superb capture of Michael and the band when they are just totally in the zone. There's a ton of live material and as a fan I've listened to the good and the bad -- this is really good.

And secondly, the film has been put together really well with more than a touch of artistry. Someone in the production suite has thought about the way this should look. It's a real pleasure to look at as well as listen to.

A gem, and worth having.
on 13 March 2013
All I can say is, if you are a Michael Schenker fan then you simply MUST own this. Three Scorpions on stage at at once , and a career spanning set with Metal Mickey playing at his very best. Turn the lights out, wind that sound system up and enjoy.
on 4 March 2014
Great Blu-Ray from the recent TOR tour, loads of the good old stuff and some newer. I was lucky enough to see MS on this tour and he's playing better than ever - and looks to be enjoying it more than ever too! Great Blu-Ray, excellent sound and video, there is a 'box set' with some other concerts and extras on it available as well but this one was fine for me. If you want to hear a great guitarist at his best buy it!
on 10 September 2013
Superb concert dvd, with Schenker hitting all the right notes at the right times.
Michael's playing on this concert set is fantastic, and with two other Scorpions in the band you just can't go wrong.
A very melodic , and under rated guitarist at the top of his form.
Picture and sound are excellent, but let's face it.... it's all about the Schenk!!
Rock Bottom is an obvious stand out but there are no duffers herel