Format: Blu-ray|Change

on 8 January 2014
I bought this boxset as a Christmas present for my boyfriend . We had seen a few episodes on TV before but it doesn't seem to be on very often so it's great to have all the episodes at our fingertips! We have now almost finished the first series and are loving it. Karl is so hilarious to watch and we love being able to see all the amazing sights from around the world and learn new things! There's not a lot of TV programmes that the both of us enjoy equally so this is a really good find for us! Thanks!
on 16 December 2013
Karl Pilkington is such a loveable idiot. He is unknowingly hilarious throughout the three series. At times he naivety will make you gasp in horror and simultaneously burst out laughing as he says something idiotic and offensive about someone's culture, which does make me question how he hasn't been punched yet! He is thoroughly underwhelmed by the wonders of the world, yet incredibly enthusiastic about a radio with headlights. I would recommend to anyone with a sense of humour.
on 31 March 2016
I heard about Karl by watching The Ricky Gervais show. I always got incredibly irritated at Ricky and Stephen for, what appeared to be, bullying Karl. Or, when Karl said something that was perfectly normal and/or intelligent they laughed at him as if every single thing Karl said was expected to be stupid. I do think a lot of what Karl got was uncalled for and if it was staged then it just sets a bad example. Series 1 and 2 of this were great and the special features were fantastic. Series 3 with Warrick left me feeling not as sorry for Karl as I was before. He seemed to bully Warrick. He was condescending, ignorant and discriminatory, and Warrick took it like a complete gentleman.
Overall the show was very funny. I needed a laugh. I knew Karl never failed to make me laugh in the past and I recently went through a tough time and I needed a distraction and to have a few belly laughs. This DVD set did not disappoint, but if you like Karl now, series 3 might test that a lot. Series 3 has 3 episodes whereas series 1 and 2 have significantly more.
on 20 June 2013
Hilarious series', even though I had seen it many times, still as funny watching it again! If you're a Gervais fan, this is for you!
on 15 November 2014
Excellent boxset. Karl is such a funny man.

One thing I would suggest is if you already have the DVD's don't bother buying this item. The only new thing is the box to put them in. No new artwork has been used on the dvd's. What would be best is to try and find the cover box alone and put your DVD's inside.

But if your like me and held out for the boxset instead of buying the DVD's alone. Get this boxset.
on 9 August 2015
Series 1 was great but, after that, it all got a bit samey. Ricky Gervais really annoyed me by his lack of empathy and that awful laugh. Karl Pilkington though deserves a medal for his willingness to try almost everything! Surprisingly, I learned a lot about the countries he visited despite the pitfalls.
on 4 December 2013
Really good value for money. Laughs all the way. Third video not as good as other two but overall great
on 14 July 2013
I have seen all three seasons of Idiot Abroad at least twice on TV, but wanted to watch them again, so buying this when on sale was a no brainer.
The first two series are simply the greatest TV ever. Watching poor Karl having to cope with the different aspects of humanity all over the world makes my cry with laughter over and over again.

I do think the third series is the weakest as Warrick Davies adds very little to the show other than being genuinely annoying and coming across as a guy who just wants to boost his career and I actually feel for Karl when he moans him.

But without the third series you don't get to watch Karls struggles with the wider world in general.

brilliant.
on 14 October 2013
I bought this for my partner as I heard him mentioned that he liked it!
He never stops laughing throughout it, I shopped around and this was by far the cheapest! Very happy
on 12 June 2014
An absolute must for anyone who who has ever been on a coach tour with a perpetual moaner. Reminded me so much of a trip to Tunisia where one of the travellers didn't like: Carthage, Roman remains, Arabs, coaches, palm trees, sand, the food and particularly didn't like the sun. Her husband had bought her the tour as a special present whilst he stayed at home.