Format: Blu-ray|Change

on 2 July 2003
This film a classic! I didn't know wether to laugh or to cry when watching it. Michelle Pfeiffer and George Clooney are both typical single parents who believe everything they do can be done on their own and when they really need help they have to turn to the last people that they would ever turn to - each other. The film is about 1 day in which the two enemies end up together and it is shown through a lot of humour! The two children in this film play excellent roles in hating each other facial expressions are well shown and opinions are given about each other, just like their parents views of each other.
on 26 November 2000
The soundtrack itself is a lovely combination of classic love songs to make the heart swell a little and some good old "feel good" tunes to mixed in for good measure. But the real gem on this album is a stunning cover version of the Chiffon's song 'One Fine Day' performed by the above mentioned Natalie Merchant, scrummily jazzed up with a voice that would melt butter on an ice cube. Gorgeous.
on 30 November 2007
Well, I must admit that it took me a while to get into this. Both actors are of course incredibly talented, but, initially I found this to be so sickly American (apologies to our USA colleagues) with the children being a handful, that I almost switched off. The banter/sarcasm between the two parents was almost irritating at one point,however I kept going and I am very glad that I did. As the story lines unfolded, you could see that this was a match made in heaven!
Mr Cloony and Ms. Pfeifer are a winning combo in this 'they started out as enemies' film but it is a chick flick, so guys, beware.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 13 September 2008
Love this movie,saw it lately on the Tv again and deside to get the CD with the music,oh, boy, was that a good idea!!! Always calming, always sweet, just makes your day sunny! And have George always in mind- its just a bonnus! Buy the soundtrack,money well spend,so well putted together, job excellent done!Highly recomending!
on 8 December 2000
I love this film. The fact that it has George Clooney in is a bonus, I will admit, but he is not the only good thing about this film. The comedy is perfect, the storyline if flawless and the characters work amazingly together. With a lot of films that I watch, there is always a scene that I can fast forward through because I either don't like it or it's boring. I can honestly say I have never had to do that with this film. I can watch it over and over and over again and it still has the same magic and imagination it had the first time I watched it. I would recommend this film to anyone, as I don't think there are that many films that are simple, sweet and affective like this one. It's one a of rare kind and I love it.
on 2 April 2003
Too sum this album up is no easy task but I like a challenge. This is my most played CD and the reason being it's a CLASSIC! It's a mixture of old and new tracks that work really well together my personal favourites being Van Morrison's "Have I told you lately?" and the title track by Natalie Merchant. This collection has it all, soulful grooves that make you wanna dance and love ballads that could make your heart melt. I love this CD and George Clooney ain't that bad either!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 24 January 2016
I enjoyed this film and just had to have the soundtrack.

Bought this whilst I was in America back in 1996 as it hadn’t been released within the UK at that time.

This soundtrack has all the original songs from the film and includes “Suite from One Fine Day” by the score composer James Newton Howard, he did a great job and composed some lovely melodies for the film.

They did extremely well at picking each song as they work well with the scene that they are portraying.

I love playing this soundtrack as it reminds me of such a great film. :-)

If you were to ask me if I’d any favourite songs, my answer would be yes, it’s “One fine Day”.

Whether you’ve seen the film or not it’s a great CD to have in your collection. :-)
on 6 May 2014
The broad plot is the classic romantic scenario: dislike at first sight, several conflicts, and an eventual realisation of falling in love. But the action happens with accompanying small children, since the main protagonists (George Clooney and Michelle Pfeiffer) are divorcees. In addition, both adults have important days at work, and limited childcare options...

There are several humorous moments, many of them due to the cleverly choreographed moments with young Sammy (Alex D Linz), who entirely stole the show as far as I was concerned. But there's great chemistry between the two adults as well and a nice turning of the tables where the controlling Melanie manages to be clumsy and irresponsible, while the supposedly irresponsible Jack manages to deal with the children well, and uncover a mafia-style plot in passing...

Nothing deep or particularly thought-provoking, but it was well done and made an enjoyable evening's viewing. Entirely suitable for children although I doubt if it would be of much interest to anyone under the age of about 12.
on 7 December 2015
This film is obviously set in a day as Two single parents lives are thrown together when their kids miss a school trip, the two work obsessed parents are forced to trust each other to look after each others kids while the other has to deal with work commitments.
on 15 December 2015
Great movie!
The picture quality is better than DVD - but in my opinion not as good as some other movies.
Still, we are dealing with pre-HD movies - but its just like it has been upscaled
I'd buy this even if it wasn't in HD