Customer reviews

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 19 December 2017
This is the fourth of her albums that I have downloaded over the years. She seems to defy categorisation as she isn't strictly country, nor country rock, nor rockabilly but is uniquely herself, a combination of loads of stuff. Her voice just entices me, making me want to listen by the way she sings, like she's an alluring mythical siren ( did I really just type that ??? ). Anyway there seems to be more to her than being just a singer/songwriter. I myself am usually into to Blues music and old forms of 1950's Louisiana RnB ( plus the likes of Lucinda Williams and Tom Waits ) but Lindi seems to have the ability to make me stray further by wrapping me up in her charm. My two favourite tracks are 'Demons Don't Let me Down' and 'Murder Of Crows', the latter being pure excellence.

Eamonn
on 28 May 2014
Recently new to "country" music (I'm normally into rock music) - I started by hearing Ashley Monroe on Radio 2 (like a rose) then i listened to a bit more of her music - which is fantastic, then my music app of choice ( I won't name it here as its not Amazon!) recommended I listen to Kacey Musgraves - again a fantastic record. Then I saw an article on line where a few people were mentioning Lindi Ortega...so I listened to one album, then the next, then the next. Then I watched some of her gigs on youtube, and am now hooked. For the immediate "catchy" songs check out "Hard as this", "I'm no Elvis Presley", "Blue Bird" and "The day you die". Wonderful songs, a beautiful voice, and a great guitarist backing her too. This is the best "country" you can get - highly recommend you buy this record now !!! Also check out Ashley and Kacey too, equally fabulous !
6 people found this helpful
on 23 June 2013
Came across this album while browsing, played the samples and bought it. GREAT album and singer.
If you like country, you will not be disappointed.
5 people found this helpful
on 9 April 2016
Dont just buy this CD.......But all of hers ! Lindi was new to me but after buying this CD I bought the other 3 the next day ! Very underated country artist.
on 17 March 2013
This album is the follow-up to Little Red Boots, and was actually bought at the same time. Lindi Ortega writes some truly beautfiul lyrics, real poetry sung in a beautiful clear voice which can sound a bit like Dolly Parton with a hint of Emmylou Harris in it. There are so many excellent tracks that it is hard to pick a favourite, and there are many contenders! If you like good stories in your songs, there is no better place to start.
on 21 June 2016
Really good voice and lyrics.
on 21 June 2014
The Little Red Boots get in on the act again. I must say this CD is excellent, probably as good as Tin Star. If you like Lindy you will love this CD.
on 20 April 2013
First time of listening to Lindi Ortega and I'm very impressed. Love to her live but I doubt if she will come over to the UK
|22 Comments|Report abuse
on 28 February 2014
This album is amazing from start to finish. Every single song is strong and there is variety from bluegrass to swing to moving ballads. a must buy for any country fan searching for something new to listen to.
on 28 January 2015
Brilliant CD, now I will order her other ones, Little Red Boots and Tin Star.