on 6 December 2009
I should stress that my rating only applies to using the book as a self-study tool.

Each chapter is divided into three sections: (a) general formulae for the topic (b) solved problems and (c) exercises. There are answers in the back of the book. Section (a) is generally incomprehensible except you already know the topic. Section (b) is generally excellent and is where most of my learning happened. After (b), section (a) made sense. Section (c) is great for extensive practicing but frankly I did not have as much time as was necessary to do this properly. About all the books I've seen on diff eqn are quite difficult to study on one's own as soon as one moves beyond basic second order linear eqns. This book was my great last hope. I'd appreciate any suggestions from those more widely read on this topic than I.
on 24 February 2012
This is a very good introducory book to differential equations. It guides you very gently through each element of each type of equation (although i`m only as far as matrices), from linear of the type y'+p(x)y = q(x), and bernoulli, seperable, exact, 1st and 2nd order (and higher), with constant coefficients, and the forcing terms (where RHS is not zero), has plenty of examples, plenty of good questions to hone your technique, and takes it slowly - which a lot of maths books don`t do. Definetely recommend it as an intr to ODE`s!
on 1 March 2016
How we learn to keep secrets?