on 4 May 2013
A brilliant book. Explains very clearly the differences between aggressive/assertive/passive behaviour and language.There are still a lot of mis-understandings about what " assertiveness" actually is i.e. it is NOT about just getting what you want.
on 25 July 2013
This book is fantastic for anyone who has lost their confidence and has low self esteem. I will keep it beside me all the time and refer to it for support it is like my own personal counsellor
on 26 February 2014
This book was recommended to me and what I got from it was so helpful I ordered it again for family and friends borrowed my copy I had to fight to get it back. This updated version has all the great information the first offered. If you are looking for a book to help you to assert yourself in non aggressive manner you will not be disappointed.
on 16 March 2017
I read that his for the first time in 1993! Have gone back over it many times over the years, a real help, a book that became a friend
on 28 June 2015
if you're reading these reviews then you have some questions about assertiveness. Buy this book; just buy it.

It's sound advice from a kind voice with a wealth of experience. It's full of simple rules for establishing yourself wholeheartedly in the world, whoever you are.

This book will help you change things for the better.
on 9 July 2013
I have recommended this book to many people. It helped me gain a completely new insight into how to relate to people. If you find yourself always saying 'yes' to others, you might find this book helpful. I cannot recommend this book highly enough. I think this book might be particularly beneficial to someone if they have low self-esteem.
on 2 December 2016
Brilliant book. Given it to so many people who have been scared to face their reality and make a change in their life.
If that is what you want read it and becimw the person you want to be. If you are willing to work at it and feel the fear buy do it anyway.
on 7 February 2014
I give a 5 star rating because this book changed my life for the better. Lots of us struggle with how to sort out conflict, and getting it wrong can create unpleasant situations at work and at home! Here, you are given the 'formula' for how to state how you feel in about something you're unhappy about, and what changes you would like to happen next time, in a safe, non threatening and constructive way that works. You don't drag in all their peccadillos from the past, just stick to the present, and keep it simple. She makes it simple, I have been using this marvellous formula for years now. It always makes things better, even though you don't always get what you want, there's usually a compromise to be found.
on 4 June 2013
I am thoroughly enjoying reading this book. Every time I read a new page I learn something new and insightful for my own life. Well worth buying. I'm even considering passing it on to friends once I have finished the book. Highly recommended.
on 4 May 2015
Great book. I still haven't written to Anne to ask her if she would change the title so that we can get more men to read this. BTW You don't have to punch your pillow to deal with anger, that's aggressive.