Format: Audio CD|Change

on 27 March 2013
I love this album. In my opinion, it's the best they've created in recent years (and since the band reformed). It even surpasses some of their older albums. The sound is unmistakably the Tindersticks, but you can hear them moving in a newer, fresher sounding and more experimental direction with tracks like "Frozen" and "This Fire in Autumn". The album is intense, reflective and beautiful.

The San Sebastan album offers great live renditions of almost all the tracks from The Something Rain.

Can't wait to see them at the retrospective concert in London in October!
on 24 April 2013
great band, great music, great cd! Hope to see them live somewhere, taking with me some friends who really love them
on 18 January 2013
I cannot believe I spent money on this dribble. The people involved in the recording of this album, if it can be called that, should be flogged for crimes against music.

This album constitutes an example of why so called REAL music in general is in decline and I do not refer to the Top 40 PANTS BY THE WAY. I mean actual talented musicians. Lord help us if this is all that can be mustered up to combat the excrement being pumped out in a bid to win teens over and prop up ITunes.

A waste of money and my time!

As an update I have to laugh out loud at really annoying a few people who must like this type of dross.

Because you are critical does not mean that music nazis' such as 'Music Lover' have the right to force their opinions on you. You sir are narrow minded and pretentious!

The fact is this album is pretty dire and will never cause mass hysteria. A few cultists in beany hats and combat trousers shouting from the roof tops a good group does not make.

I stand by my comments and rating.

Listen to Neil Halstead or The Blue Nile. There's talent!! They need your support not Tindersticks.
66 comments| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse