on 12 April 2016
I have had an original Pure One DAB radio for several years now. I originally purchased the C6X rechargeable battery pack for it, but over the years this has lost the ability to hold a charge. I couldn't find any direct replacement and the C6L which replaced it, seemed to need a 12v charger, rather than the 9V supplied with the old radio. But after doing some Googling I discovered that the old style 9V charger has a variable output of up to 15v depending on the load so it can be used with the C6L! This isn't clear on the Pure website.
Anyhow, I ordered one of these and it works fine.
on 19 August 2015
I'm extremely impressed with the chargepak having used it for over 5 years and find it still has masses of charge left. I have two of these PureOne dab radios with chargepacks in them. One is plugged in by the bed and functions as a clock radio and the other runs off battery power for at least 90 minutes a day then is swapped after 2-3 weeks when the charge fails. So each radio spends 2 - 3 weeks on charge followed by the same off charge and it seems to be the recipe for battery longevity as they have lasted really well. Sometimes I forget to switch the radio off before work and I get home to find it is still on 12 hours later just as loud as when I left, and for batteries that are over 5 years old I reckon that's pretty good.

I would buy again in an instant.
on 12 September 2015
I brought this pack for my pure one radio that seemed to be eating batteries.( 6 C batteries every 2hours) this replaces the batteries. One charge of this battery pack lasts for about 10 hours so although the battery pack was expensive it quickly proved to be a lot more cost effective than buying batteries. So I would say bite the bullet and invest in this battery pack.
on 4 May 2016
Excellent easy to fit, no more spoilt listening or waiting for batteries to charge, Worth the money I can use the radio plugged in or unplug and take it around the, house,garden or bathroom, No hassle. We had to have two sets of batteries before, one in one charging. now we just forget about it as it's charging when plugged in, So simple every dab should have it fitted as Standard.
on 9 May 2014
received this battery and fitted easily - charged for a full 24 hours and use it probably about 2 or 3 times a week in the garden and greenhouse. works brilliantly. can't comment on its longevity - as some reviewers have mentioned that there are issues with it retaining its charge and its performance over time. The price was competitive but i still feel that it is high compared to other battery paks. was thinking of buying the Pure solar powered radio as an alternative but thought it was better to get this pak as cheaper, . .
on 26 September 2016
If you've got a Pure radio you'll know how the batteries die after a couple of years. You'll need one of these eventually and they work really well until they die. Having said that, they do what they should do and are well made which probably explains why they're also quite pricy.
on 6 May 2014
Have had a nightmare sourcing a pack that works. Had 3 attempts from another company before they send one that would charge. My advice would be don't buy the cheap Chinese ones but buy the official product. Also make sure it charges in the radio when you first get it. My first faulty one was fully charged, so obviously I didn't need to charge it for a few Months - and when I did it would not charge up. This new one charged straight away, so do try it.
on 13 October 2016
Allows me to make my Pure radio portable. Works well so far. Expensive for what it is though, but will probably work out better value than continually buying C cells. A year later - works great with no problems with it's charge/discharge cycle.
on 10 April 2013
i have had this battery for a few weeks now and it works. Gives about 28 hours play with no fade as it runs down, it is easy charged and operates seamlessly when you go from mains power to battery and does not add a great deal to the weight of the unit. if for any reason you need to revert to ordinary batteries it is still easy to do. it is a pity you can't buy the radio with the battery installed but it is a great combination if you want a good DAB receiver with the best useability.
on 25 February 2014
The C6L ChargePAK purchased 2009-12-18 has just needed replacing, after four years daily use in a Pure Evoke-3 DAB Radio.
Symptoms were shorter time between charges, longer charge time, and possibly some cranky behaviour by the radio.
The replacement ChargePAK, worked immediately with the Evoke-3 behaving as good as new.

A set of MN1400 Alkali batteries for the Evoke-3 costs about £5. My recollection is that a set of Alkalis lasted about six weeks.
The ChargePAK cost the same as six sets of Alkalis - so probably saved its cost in the first year.
It lasted more than four years.

Remember to recycle the old one - Lithium can be dangerous!