on 1 April 2016
I got this radio mainly as an alarm clock but think the alarm features are very poor.

Pros: Sound quality very good

Cons:
Cannot set the volume of the alarm - starts quiet then goes to full volume so can lie in bed with radio on whithout having to mess about with it for a few minutes
Can't easily stop alarm coming on if you wake before it goes off. If you go for a shower and come back the radio is blaring as it is on full volume waking up the whole house.
on 13 August 2013
Similar to another reviewer, because of the negative points made in a number of reviews I almost did not buy this clock/ radio. Now I'm glad that I eventually decided to make my own mind up and purchased one. Only had it a few days but up to now I cannot fault it, it looks good and sounds good and functions exactly like it should. I can only assume that previous negative comments made in reviews were made by people not prepared to take the (short) time required to follow the instruction book in setting up the clock. Plug it in, in your required location, sit down in front of it with the instruction booklet and with a little patience, follow the instructions and in a very short time you will be another satisifed customer. But I must emphasise, its no good just pluging it in and expecting it to do it all on its own, it does need setting up properly as per the instruction booklet.
on 19 January 2013
I am very happy with my Roberts Dreamtime 2 clock radio, It looks good, nice compact appearance, and the sound quality is excellent. A small criticism would be with regard to the 'operational' buttons. Apart from the snooze button, they all feel the same, which makes it difficult to find the right one in the dark.
on 23 February 2013
Yes it's good but I find it a bit awkward to change channels by touch in the dark .sounds daft but all the controls are in the same area and easily confuse a half asleep old fool like me !
on 17 January 2013
Having owned an exceptionally brilliant Roberts radio since the hurricane of '87 I was amazed to receive such a poorly designed clock/radio as this from Roberts. No BBC channels were obtained unlike my Pure One DAB which tunes in to all of them in the same location. The handbook suggests going to a different location - this is supposed to be a bedside clock/radio!!!! The conglomeration of knobs, all laid out on one level on top is hardly ideal for a bedside radio, nor is the 18" bit of string like aerial any use. Why Roberts could not use a telescopic aerial as on previous radios, Heaven knows. The FM reception on the BBC channels is worse than my 28 year old York gives after years of great service but is now well past its sell-by date, hence the reason for my replacement, however this is now being returned. Sorry Amazon - not one of your usual good buys>
on 26 March 2013
Very pleased with product. The dimmer on the display works very well. The alarm wakes us up very gently in the mornings
on 22 July 2013
Easy to use radio alarm and does what it says. The sound quality could be much better however it was the best I could find compared to othere on the market.
on 3 June 2014
Bought this to replace an old standard radio/alarm. Brilliant sound and really easy to set up. Great being able to set the alarm for just weekdays!! Don't get woken up at weekends so get a lie in. Only 1 issue is when the radio comes on as the alarm it goes quite loud. Could do with just coming on at up to the volume level that it is set at. Apart from that it is really good
on 19 January 2013
I got the Dreamtime first and the display was SO bright even on dimmest that it lit the whole room up!! I complained to Roberts and they replaced it with this Dreamtime2 and it is so much better, this display is orange and much more subtle. It has lots of features and is easy to set up and operate. I would recommend this clock.
on 6 October 2013
Likes:
I like the styling of this radio- a little unusual, slightly quirky/retro.
Sound quality very good.
No problem with reception of main stations

I don't like:
As has been said before, it is hard to find the correct buttons by feel alone
Alarm programming not as good as my Pure Chronos ii, althoug that died
Unable to set alarm volume- it starts quietly & bulds up to 20 on the volume scale- other half gets annoyed with it if I don't turn off straight away
One has to turn the radio on in order to adjust the alarm.
Have to go through all alarm options to adjust at all

In comparison the Pure had 4 alarms instead of 2, had programmable alarm vol & was much simpler to make a quick adjustment with more logic to the interface, despite being an old model

Still looking for a perfect bedside clock radio!
No input