Size: 1 Pack|Change

on 8 June 2015
Having had this item for the last week or so, I find it absolutely brilliant.
I have it in my study which has replaced the old 60w and find the light is actually brighter than the old one.
I have also kept a check on my electrical usage and found this is giving me a saving of around £0.75 p.w. which is great.
I now intend to replace all the bulbs in the house with these in the next few weeks.
I will add a photo of the bulb in use in the next couple of days.

Update: As you can see there is a warm white light and no orange glow that you get from an incandescent bulb.

Update: A second bulb was ordered and delivered promptly, what is pleasing about the bulbs is the lovely light cast given and how it lights up the room with it's white colour cast that leaves one with the impression that the bulb is stronger than it actually is.
review image
at this time of writing.

I've lost count of how many powerful, bright LED light bulbs I've gone through looking for a decent one that performs as per the description blurb.

In my experience they just don't get anywhere near and blow early or they're much weaker than you expect. So after a bit of online research I thought I'd take a punt on these bulbs from Auraglow. I also use the 100watt equivalent version of these in certain rooms of the house but the kids were complaining they're too bright so I've bought and installed these.

As somebody who suffers from poor vision and it's gradually getting worse as the years go by - I find I need a bright white light in order for me to read books, instruction leaflets, the back of food packets and all that kind of stuff.

I think, I'm hoping I've found a winner in these bulbs. They tick all my boxes upto now after a few weeks of use . . .

Come on immediately - yes!
Give out an immediate bright white 60 watt light - Yes!
Well made and robust - yes!
Light up a standard room in the house - yes!

They're very well made and feel quite heavy in the hand - this is a solid bulb. They come on instantly and don't have to warm up for a few minutes. The light is as near as damn it to 60watts as I've ever seen in a LED bulb and the light is a bright light one which is just what I need.

Pricey but well worth it and recommended.
on 13 March 2013
I have used many led bulbs over the past 4years. These are by far the best replacements for a 60w traditional bulb. There is still a downwards bias to the light output but the quality of light and brightness are the best yet. Unlike other led bulbs, these are not too heavy or bulky to fit most light fittings.
These Auraglow 8W B22 LED bulbs produce a solid 600 lumen of warm white light instantly from being switched on, a great improvement on the 13W and 15W CFLs they have replaced in our house.

The bulb is well made with a substantial and smoothly finned heat-sink on the rear surface of the bulb which enables it to run much cooler than many of the competitive LED bulbs. It is best fitted with a good air circulation around it because LEDs do not have a long life if allowed to get too hot.

The light is mainly downward from the hanging bulb, which is fine for my use. It is very close to the same outline size and shape as a classic old fashioned 60 Watt light bulb, and it takes no more space than the filament bulb it might replace.

My applications for these B22 8W LED bulbs include the hall downstairs and more critical places such as the porch light where the cold and frequent auto-switching on and off has shortened the life of CFLs but now will not affect the LEDs in the least.

At around a tenner each these are reasonable value for 35,000 hours or more of light, which seems to be forever for a light bulb that is off for much of the time when one remembers that there are about eight and a half thousand hours in a year.

I made some weight tests on bulbs to hand. With the decent heat-sink the 8W LED weighs 130gms, which is more than a conventional 60W filament bulb (32gms) or a 15W CFL (102gms).

For different light levels I recommend the 6W (480 lumen) Auraglow and 10W (810 lumen) Osram NON-dimmable bulbs.

Also worth a look are these 5W (240 lumen) Megaman candles and 8W (600 lumen) Auraglow DIMMABLE bulbs.
on 24 May 2013
I bought 3 of these, and put them up in my room. I love the way they look - quite a sci-fi glow - and the colour of the light is great. Cooler than the incandescents they replaced, but only by a little. I've very quickly adapted. I haven't noticed any unpleasant colouration to the light (eg pinkishness) that I saw mentioned in reviews of other bulbs.

They've been up a month or so with no problems, but that's only ~100 hours of the claimed 35,000 hour lifetime, so that doesn't say much about that.
on 19 August 2013
I bought this to replace my last incandescent bayonet bulb that just blew.
I was mainly interested due to the energy savings as well as the life span of the bulb.
Once it arrived I noticed that is much larger that a traditional bulb probably due to the metal heat sink, this doesnt really cause and kind of issues and it feels quite solid.
The light once turned on goes to full brightness which produces much better results that the incandescent bulb it just replaced.
It's whiter but still retains a warm glow.
The only negative is that it seems to have a fairly focussed area in terms of the light output, it probably doesnt help that my light fixture is at the very end of a bedroom. This aside it really is actually quite good. I would say it's worth the extra money.
on 18 December 2015
i am very happy with this. It gives an instant bright but soft white light for the whole room. I thought it may look a bit dd, but not a
t all.Time will tell if it lives up to its longevity claims. So my 5 stars is really for the first 10 days or so of its life. Much nicer than my previous light which I already quite liked. But Its life is much shorter than this claims. So I am hoping this lives up to its claims on life and economy.
on 18 August 2015
This bulb is very similar in size and shape to an old tungsten equivalent and gives the same nice warm light, but with a huge reduction in energy consumption. Bulb will easily pay for itself over its expected lifetime. So much better than the government recommended energy saver bulbs and without the unhealthy EMR and mercury hazard. I've been using LED bulbs since they first became readily available about 5 years ago and find this bulb to be better than many more expensive bulbs offered by on line specialist websites.
The price and delivery are highly competitive and the product is excellent.
on 24 January 2015
Really pleased with the product. It is streets ahead of the spiral fluorescent ones that take forever to warm up and provide the expected amount of light. The LED technology has come a long way in the last few years and, although expensive will provide almost instant (there's about half a second delay while the electronics sort out the supply voltage to the LEDs making sure they have a long life). I'm already replacing the other low energy lamps in the house with this technology and hope to complete that over the next few months.

The only thing that I've found out about LED lamps, in general - and not aimed specifically at THIS product - is that the electronics are more likely to fail before the LEDs do. That still gives a specified life in excess of 10,000 hours for most of them, and if the switch on-off cycles are kept to a minimum, they should last well over that figure.
on 20 June 2016
Excellent quality light, fast delivery and perfect colour temperature for my needs.

I used to have the bulb which could be set to various colours (same brand) but found myself not really using any other than the white colour and it was a much colder temperature, so opted to just get this bulb instead and I am very happy with it.
review image review image review image