Size: Medium|Colour: Red|Change
Price:£9.99+ Free shipping

VINE VOICEon 27 January 2013
I bought these gloves in preparation for a trip to Finland, where an extra layer is really necessary for winter activities such as husky sledding, and after-dark activities such as viewing the Northern Lights. However, they are useful too for activities in the UK - amongst other things I do forestry and land operations, in all weather conditions. Whilst I don't wear these under my chainsaw gloves, I do use them under the gauntlet-type gloves that I use the rest of the time. That includes whilst doing maintenance in the freezing cold workshop in winter, as I can dash between the workshop and the (not quite as cold) office, just pulling off my gauntlets, but with these liners still on then being able to type at a computer keyboard.

The thing that a couple of reviewers seem to have missed, is that these are liner gloves. Whilst they can be used on their own, in cold temperatures you really want another glove over the top.

I've taken one star off because of the "one size fits all" not being ideal. I find that they are a little loose and crinkle up along the back of the hand and around the base of the palm of my hand. Personally, I'd find it useful if they were a colour that is easier to spot in the poor light conditions where these are likely to be used - it doesn't have to be high-visibility orange, but something other than black would be good. Other than that, they are very good.

Recommended.
on 31 October 2015
These gloves saved me in Iceland. I was working outside, in icy, snow-fed streams for many hrs / day this past summer. I paired these with a washing up glove and was the only one in my team that didn't have icicle hands. The magic of wool is that even when it gets wet, it still provides warmth. Also, I tend to have larger hands for a lady (long fingers), and these fit perfectly. Well worth the money.

Update: I accidentally left my first pair on the train, and have since bought another pair (black) - they are GREAT - they are my go-to gloves. Thin enough for wearing under other gloves or casually in the city, warm enough to keep you cozy. Merino all the way!
on 15 December 2016
Got size small as I usually am a glove size 6.5-7. The fit is a little weird - baggy on the outer side of the palm and too long on the little finger, okay on the rest of the fingers and a little tight on the thumb. The color is a lovely dark blue, would have liked a softer fabric. Can't wait to test them out on the slope while skiing. I'm hoping they'll keep my hands warm under my ski gloves. Will update this review when this happens.
on 1 June 2016
These are very good gloves.
• Warmer than you expect (even when wet).
• You can do quite a lot of things without taking them off.
• They fold together surprisingly small when you put them in a pocket,you can carry them everywhere.
• When they get a small hole (as they will eventually) it does not grow and the gloves are still useable.
They are however not cheap.
on 4 December 2015
Bought with a pair of blue gloves. When using with "dry" gloves, it is very easy to get them wet, or at least damp, so having extra pairs is always a good idea. The long wrist is good for layering under the latex wrist seals of a drysuit, which then provides sufficient gas leak to keep the gloves at the same inflation pressure. Doing this eliminates the need to use "straws" or micro tubes to bleed the air.
on 2 January 2017
These are ok. Feel a bit cheaply made and stiff to be honest. Not particularily liner gloves as they aren't that thin, and my fingers still got quite numbe when using them in conjunction with my motorcycle gloves whilst riding my scooter.
on 2 March 2017
I had used these gloves whilst visiting Iceland as a base layer underneath my large ski-gloves. They were comfortable and warm without causing overheating or sweating.

When the ski-gloves were not required, I had used these without any other layers and they provided sufficient warmth for my hands!

However, due to the material of these gloves, please be careful near any velcro material as the gloves will stick to the velcro and detaching could cause damage to your gloves!
on 8 December 2015
I am a medium in mens gloves and ordered the medium/large size. They fit me perfectly and feel very warm indoors and appear nicely made. The material is thin compared to other woolen gloves that I have but is very dense. I look forward to testing them out in the winter and intend to report back on their performance.
on 3 April 2016
I love these gloves as the roll up into a reasonably small ball that I can keep in my coat pocket throughout winter.

As a civil engineer, I am often on building sites/outside in winter months and need to write things down or operate a camera. These gloves are warm enough to keep feeling in my fingers and also thin enough that you can still operate a pen.

Only negative is that you can't operate touch screens with them so you inevitably have to take them off to use your phone but otherwise these are great.
on 27 November 2012
If it's REALLY cold you will still feel some cold (don't think they would do well in snow conditions but have none to test them). If it's wet your hands will get wet, the gloves are not waterproof. But for normal cold days, these are good gloves to me. They appear well stitched so should not fall apart quick. I use these specifically with a dSLR, and it's easy enough to activate the cameras functions, also to change lenses with the gloves still on (with a bit of practise). If you have a gadget that uses resistive touch screen then you can use them with the gloves on, but with more expensive capacitive screens you need to take the gloves off.

Very pleased with these gloves and give five stars for them.

**EDIT**
As the temperature approached zero C, you could feel the cold with the gloves, but if you're walking then that helped keep your fingers warmer, and it's sure better than no gloves at all. Still very useful for use with a dSLR in the cold (the reason I bought these gloves). But if you want warmer gloves or waterproof ones, look for something else.