Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 22 January 2014
I so enjoyed watching this series on six of the Anglican Cathedrals. The architecture and symmetry of the buildings is so exquisite that one needs to spend much more time studying them. I gained a new idea of how one can be uplifted by going to church. Just to spend time strolling and sitting in various areas of the building would be a real joy to me. This feeling is so special to me because I live in South Africa and do not have the opportunity to do this, however, this DVD will serve the purpose. Thank you for this. I also enjoyed visiting the other areas of interest. So beautiful!
on 20 September 2014
Could have been so much more. Try and describe any city in 25 minutes the way this was done and you fall flat on your face. It would seem that they got cheap and tried and did, just scratch the surface.
on 13 April 2013
This is a really interesting description of 6 cathedrals and their cities, a must for those who enjoy exploring cities in our country.
on 17 April 2013
Nice to see how these cathedrals relate to their location and community not just the history of the buildings and how they were built.
on 26 July 2013
I have only watched 5 so far, but they are all superb. Hannah describes the city (town in the case of Guildford) as a community surrounding each Cathedral. I may be biased as I know two of the Cathedrals well, but the other three make me want to visit the towns to find out more.
on 30 March 2013
The program only very briefly skipped over the subject, and . furthermore, was far too much information regarding the narrator's relations.
on 8 December 2013
A well conducted tour to great towns and superb cathedrals.All well told by the the daughter of the bishop of Winchester, a treat.
on 27 March 2013
The DVDs are good but they were not what I expected them to be, ie to tell me more of the history of the cathedrals
on 17 June 2013
I saw this set reviewed in "Church Music" magazine and I expected that there would be a large proportion of music from each venue as well as a tour of the building as reviewed. Upon playing the first disc, I was immediately aware that I had sén the series on ITV many years ago! Perhaps I should have read te review more closely! I saw the pictures and dived in.
on 7 April 2015
A good dvdand a must if you are into Cathedrals like myself. A very good seller