TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 18 October 2016
Recently my boy started asking for various upgrades to his PC. Now he has quite a good on board sound card, but I have always thought that a dedicated card sounds just that bit purer.
The sound card take minutes to install and the software is a breeze. The resulting sound is exactly what i was expecting. I have this set up with a Bose 5.1 Surround at the moment. The volume of the speakers has just increased and there is no distortion at all. the Z series utilises Dolby DTS for sound quality and is noticeable.
I have no regrets purchasing this card and I think it actually looks really great alongside my ASUS Strix 970 GTI, the Strix is a pretty big beast which needs plenty of cooling and I am lucky with my Motherboard that I have the slots and space available for this soundcard which is also a nice size. The card is well built, looks cool and feels sturdy, the included microphone really works well and I have been told in the heat of Battle(WOT), that I can be clearly heard.
I decided to purchase an older generation card mainly for the price but I like an item that's been put through it paces already, has a good support network on software and has the ability to last.
Great piece of kit, hats of to you guys at Creative.
review image review image review image review image
on 22 March 2017
Used this in a gaming rig i built.... glows red 😂 But seriously this helps take the load off the prosessor and is a massive improvement over the on board chips.... comes with a mic but if you are doing serious audio you will need a better mic... drivers are stable...
on 28 May 2017
The sound keeps switching between speakers on it's own, and has been doing so since day 1. The only way to fix this...minus the technical fixes that I have tried over and over via online forums and technical support lines, is to keep reseting the 5.1 sound settings on the PC itself. I have persisted with the issue for a while, but it seems to be getting worse. Otherwise it connects well through the PC to the PlayStation 4, and the provides for good sound - when it works!
on 6 April 2016
review for Creative 70SB150000001 Sound Blaster Z PCI
Plenty of reviews on the net about this product. It works well, Cannot find my microphone though. So could not test it. Shame, but my geeky nerdy office is. shall we say. A little overcrowded.

Had a little problem fitting into my non standard crossfire watercooled setup. But that is my fault not the units, All sounds are good and very adjustable via the software. I have 3 pairs of headphones, all worked flawlessly with it. ( i only wear one at a time, not that geeky, yet!!) I previously had a Zonar, but i prefer this for value for money sound. buy it.
on 25 April 2017
Fantastic little sound card that adds some great sound clarity to what ever your playing. Im glad i purchased this and wouldnt think twice about buying this again.
on 27 March 2017
The best soundcard you can get for the money. If you are using the audio on your motherboard, you're doing it wrong. Get one of these and your world will be transformed... well, maybe not your world. But your gaming and video watching certainly will be!
on 31 July 2017
Some gripes:

1) The red light that stays on
2) Drivers can be a bit annoying to configure and sometimes doesn't detect or utilise what you hook into it properly

Other than that, when it works it can be really rewarding.
on 22 September 2017
Absolutely awesome, i can play around with the sound levels on each individual speaker and the sounds are awesome on 5:1 system for my pc.
on 21 August 2017
Great sound card was going to get the SB X AE but after checking the FAQ it doesn't support dolby digital live encoding so picked this up referbed boy how i missed the true digital encoding and not the emulated type from realtek which just isn't the same. Very good sound card.
on 12 March 2014
I brought this because a friend recommended me this and I though it can't be that good or what will it even do but I was amazed but the quality of sound as well as the included software which is really good too. I would recommend it strongly.