on 30 December 2015
I bought this to go with a pair of DT770 80ohm headphones which sounded rather disappointing and flat when plugged into my on-board realtek alc1150.

The amplifier in this card along with the bass and crystalizer software enhancements has truly made my headphones come alive. They feel perfectly balanced for both music and gaming with everything being clear whilst still having that nice bass that wasn't there before.

The only negative i can say about this card is that i have to set my system volume very low, there is no manually adjustable gain on the amp so it has taken awhile to get my app and system volumes to a comfortable level,.
on 23 August 2015
This is a very good product. Sound quality is pretty good out of the box and does get better with a little tweaking. I prefer to lower the crystalizer to about 30%. Bass can be a little overwhelming depending on headphones and the mic is clear and filters out noise very well.

One complaint is the bloatware known as 'extras' if you install it. It slowed down my internet pages until I removed it. Another complaint is the red led lighting is really bright.

The surround feature using headphones is better than dolby headphone in my opinion. Dolby headphone is what the asus dgx that I just had uses and it simulates surround as if you were using a 5.1 speaker setup. The problem with that is the virtual space that it creates, so it's like sitting in a room with speakers rather than being in the actual game. This card uses sbx pro studio to simulate the surround.

Well worth the £55 at the time of writing.
on 16 January 2015
A very good sound card and it will serve it's purpose well, but why is there such a bright red LED on it? What possible purpose does it serve? It's such a minor thing but it beams out of my pc like a thousand suns. I can believe I'm docking a star for this but it's so pointless and distracting.

The bundled mic is ok but a pain to get working and noticeably worse compared to a headset.
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 26 December 2017
if you are buying this specific model because it has a MIC, dont buy the one with the MIC, its the worst MIC I have ever owned. Worse than a basic cheep ass web cam mic. the actual sound card on the other hand is great.
on 9 June 2015
Seems to be working good. Had to uninstall conflicting software and drivers for the mobos onboard audio, once that was done, it switches between headphones and speakers in the software which is nice. The only thing that is slightly aggravating me is that it has bright red LEDs, there does not appear to have an option to deactivate these in the software (there are a couple of online guides for snipping them off and covering them with tape).
on 25 April 2017
Fantastic little sound card that adds some great sound clarity to what ever your playing. Im glad i purchased this and wouldnt think twice about buying this again.
on 11 September 2014
It's loud, very loud. We are not looking at finesse here but it's an excellent low end replacement if the built in sound isn't delivering.

I can't really comment of the audio quality because I output it either through gaming headphones or cheap speakers, and switching between these made simple via the supplied software, but with that caveat the music sounds fine.

I bought this for gaming and it delivers in spades although not sure about the gimmicky 'scout mode'.
on 27 March 2017
The best soundcard you can get for the money. If you are using the audio on your motherboard, you're doing it wrong. Get one of these and your world will be transformed... well, maybe not your world. But your gaming and video watching certainly will be!
on 29 November 2017
This has improved the sound quality of my Philips Fidelio X2's tremendously.
on 27 December 2013
What i dislike about it is the color of the shielding also the red diodes are too bright. What I like is that it provides headphone output separated from speakers output. so you can connect Headset+Mic and speakers in the same time. The included Mic is nothing special, but it does what it's supposed to. SBX Pro Studio is useful on headpphones only. If you use 5.1 surround speakers i suggest to disable it. I like the option to have integrated hardware encoder for Dolby Digital and DTS Connect, I am planning to get reciever and high end speakers and use it in near future. Why i got this and not Zx, well the OEM Z the Z and the Zx are exactly the same hardware. The OEM Z is without shielding and microphone, and the Zx includes the ugly Accessible Audio Control Module (ACM). So for me the Z is the best of both.