on 11 November 2012
This is a compilation DVD and a CD. If you are a fan you may already have seen the contents. My wife and I watched it as soon as we received if and spent a very pleasant 90 minutes. I had seen some of the items before but not all. You always get some repeats in his DVDs and I'm not complaining as I could listen to this orchestra until the cows come home. The CD allows me to listen while I am in the car. What more could you ask for under a tenner.
26 people found this helpful
on 17 November 2012
what an incredible cd and dvd absolutley stunning magical fairytale this dvd went from one very beautiful setting to another showcasing the very best bits of mr andre,s concerts very emotional loved in particular the skaters during the titanic theme song beautiful, movingand emotive i did cry , what i love so much about mr rieu,s concerts is his sheer ability to take you from one stirring emotion to the next like riding a very emotional rollercoaster he brings the love out in everyones hearts but he allows you to just be yourself to have fun to laugh and cry or to feel emotional the concerts are medicine that the doctor isnt able to prescribe but andre is a healer he makes you feel amazing .. a truly beautiful and amazing inspirational man his johann strauss orchestra are also outstanding ! ive even ordered the home for christmas dvd i cant wait for my copy to be delivered as it was a pre order ! this cd is an absolute must have cd for any andre rieu fan mr rieu my darling you get five stars for your cd review !
on 6 February 2013
This was a Christmas present for my father, he enjoyed the lovely music on the CD, and I was interested to see as per previous reviews mentioned what the DVD would be like. It was enjoyable, the music was of the same top quality but noticed that Mrs Rieu edits the DVDs so they are of a set format. It was a little "chopped up" starting in Italy then mainly filmed at the palace in Vienna that we have on a previous Andre Rieu DVD. I think for a Christmas present it was much appreciated but as a Andre Rieu fan we all need to vote with our pockets and not buy the homogenised DVDs produced if they are all following the same format as the previous issues. I dont think I would buy many more, saying that the music is beautiful the DVD a bit of a let down the DVD was the main reason for the purchase.
One person found this helpful
on 6 January 2013
fair enough, the snooty purists are going to discard this output of Andre and not proper music. Ignore them. As with some others from Andre Rieu this is a compilation of other DVDs that showcase his orchestra's talent and enjoyment of playing to an audience, and just as importantly, the audiences appreciation of them. The girls look great and elegant in their dresses, and the men elegant in their formal bow ties and dress suits.
We know that some of the 'enjoyment' is stages but this does not detract from the entertainment or visible pleasure the members of the orchestra take in playing their instruments. The result is pure pleasure and a delight to watch.
when you play the Cd one can imagine and visualise the orchestra playing.
Buy it.
on 22 December 2012
I am so pleased I ordered this album from Amazon. This was the first CD I have bought of Andre Rieu and it is brilliant! The sound of every movie tune is amazing. Such a relaxing album. Sometimes when there is a soundtrack from a different artist, you don't always get the original 'feel' of the soundtrackk but this album is so good! I have purchased another copy as a present but will definitely keep my one, and I am sure the second copy will be loved by my family member. Also is the addition of a DVD which is a bonus especially for the price as well. I have already played this terrific album many times already!
on 18 April 2017
This collection of songs from the movies went down a treat with my mum and dad. A collection of songs old and new from Edelweiss (The sound of music) to my heart will go on (Titanic). 19 songs in total. Highly recommended.
on 26 December 2012
Andre Rieu is without doubt a true showman. His charm and sincereness shine throughout. The DVD is a mixture of locations taken from his shows. All are delightful to watch. The CD is well produced also.
You will not be disappointed with this one. 'Nearer my God to thee' will probably reduce you to tears.....thats the power of music on the emotions.
Music is international, it knows no barriers just look at the different nationalities enjoying it - if only politicians could bottle it, we might have more joy in the world!
on 24 December 2012
I became aware of Andre Rieu's Orchestra only last year when seeing it on Sky Arts channel tv. for the first time.
It was a very full programme as I remember and the shared enjoyment of the audience and the fine performers was unmistakeable.

Since then I have acquired CD & DVD versions of their concerts around the world and found them most enjoyable.

Magic of the Movies CD is well recorded and captures the freshness and vivacity of the musicians.
on 19 May 2018
Good value. Speedy service. This was purchased as a gift for a friend's upcoming birthday. I am sure she will love it.
on 13 January 2013
Another lovely CD but of course they will all have repeat pieces in them as he must have played a huge repertoire (all without scores) and all arranged by him, and that is what brings them to light. However I have so many but will not be buying any more until he changes his camera crew and uses his superb musicians as soloists.I am also confused that there is another Johann Strauss orchestra ( that is nowhere near as good). So I await further. Thank heavens for SKY ARTS2 I use sky for that channel only - superb.