on 24 March 2013
Have had this 3 days now with no problem. I'm a Mac person and currently have a macbook but my XP virtual machine which was taking up a huge amount of disk space and I didn't want to dual boot, plus I was curious about the latest version of windows after a break of about 4 years from microsoft. Decided to get something cheap but functional so I could carry on doing "windows stuff" mainly Quicken (the mac version isn't available in the UK), some web bits plus a bit of programming.

This hasn't let me down at all so far, Windows 8 boots up very quickly in comparison to mountain lion, haven't had any crashes or ponderous loading times. Plenty of ports for Usb, hdmi, lan, media cards, etc (take note Apple!). screen is very good quality and it feels very light and overall it doesn't heat up too much.

Only very minor criticism is the controller pad which is a bit small and not as responsive as expected (and I have played with the settings), but still its perfectly functional most of the time but as you get tired it can be a bit fiddly.

Overall very good for an excellent price. Hopefully it will last a reasonable amount of time.
on 24 March 2013
Great value laptop, quick to boot up and bright display. Battery life seems OK too. Windows 8 not really difficult to adapt to at all. Ordered on a Friday and delivered the next morning so superb service from Amazon.
on 3 January 2013
this acer is an amazing value and much better than window 7 and fast. it is unbelievably and I love it. it is easy how to use and it is a fast. Acer Aspire E1 15.6-inch Laptop (Black/Silver) - (Intel Pentium B960 2.2GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Integrated Graphics, Windows 8 64-bit)
on 17 March 2013
This is an excellent product which does everything I need & probably a lot more, if there is a down side then the battery life is not as good as my previous laptop (Sony) but as this was a third of the cost does not detract from my overall view
on 21 February 2013
Chose this model after hours of online research and I haven't been disappointed. The only thing I don't like is Windows 8 but that does not detract from the laptop as I do everything via the desktop anyway. Overall I'm been extremely happy with this purchase and have had no problems or complaints to date. Would definitely recommend to others as a fast, reliable laptop at a reasonable price compared to some of it's competitors.
on 5 April 2013
really like this laptop. Only downside is that we are not used to widows 8 but I'm sure it will be easy to pick up.
on 19 March 2013
excellent piece of machine and very fast delivery from Amazon.Only problem was that this is not equipped with Office software but no problem you can download it absolutely free from openoffice dot org.
on 2 January 2013
This Laptop by Acer seemed to be good value considering it has windows 8. It just was not only good value but great value and windows 8 is so simple to use and user friendly. So all in all well done and wwill give 3 A,s Amaving value Acer and Amazon
on 31 October 2013
Really happy with this laptop, it works great and doesn't feel like a cheapy. Screen is fine, there are enough sockets and connectors. Battery life is over 2 hours can't really fault it, I would buy another. My only criticism is that I also have an Advent laptop which has gaps between the keys which I find easier to type with. If this machine had this it would score 100/100 for me. The model I have doesn't have an economy processor in it which makes quite a bit of difference.
on 9 March 2013
The laptop arrived within a few days, way before the due date. Works really well, my daughter is very pleased.