Customer reviews

1,746
Size: 430 W|Style: Fixed Cables|Change

on 23 April 2016
I bought this to replace the power supply in my wife's computer. I had already measured the old supply so new that it would fit into the case so it took next to no time to remove the old unit and replace it with this. The cables were all of a good length so had no problems reaching from the back top of the case to the top/front/bottom of the motherboard. Plenty of cable to reach the graphics card and all of the internal drives. I had to buy a couple of adaptors so that i could power all of the hard drives/DVD drives but they were no problem to obtain. The fan is really quiet and the psu provides next to no audible sound while the computer is operating. A really good unit and I am not expecting to have any problems in the future from it.
on 6 August 2014
I have had this for over a week now in my custom built PC.

I choose to purchase this model because it was a good price for a modular PSU, and Corsair is a very good name in this industry, as well as being a recommendation from a family member. I have split my reviews up into the PROs and CONs.

PROS:

1. It is extremely quiet, I have it facing down onto my desk and I can't hear the fan at all. I only have a 200w (ish) system so it shouldn't be spinning too fast anyway. In fact my Cooler Master Sickle Flow fans are louder, and I class them as quiet.
2. It does what a power supply has got to do, supply power and not blow up. I can't yet comment on reliability because I haven't had it long enough, but my brother has had one for nearly 2 years and his is working just like new.
3. It comes with enough cables than an office/mid range computer will need.
4. The Modular design means that the mother bored and CPU cables are already installed, and SATA and PCI/E cables can be plugged in as you need them.

CONS:

1. The cables that are used to power my SATA drives are daisy chains. There are 3 connectors on one cable, the only problem that I had is that the gaps between them are too short, and the overall length of the cable is too short. But this does depend on the size and design of your case.
2. If you have an 2.5 inch drive installed on the bottom of a computer case, it can be difficult to install the power supply connector, I had to use one of the middle connectors and bend the wires round. This worries me because it could come loose in the future and break.

Overall, I think the CONS are not a problem if you have one drive so I would recommend this to home users. I do update my reviews in the future.
on 4 July 2017
I Purchased and started using the 750w Fixed Cable PSU 2 year ago (30 September 2015) it has now died on me but that was due to mistreatment (01 June 2017) and it upheld a lot.

list of beating- (in order of what I think is worst for it)
1- Tumble dryer - humidity in an enclosed space
2- Moved around while on nearly every day while on.
3- Force shut down (Pulling the plug)
4- Nearly 24 hours run time
5- Overloading (see list below)

PC Spec-
Processor - i5-7600k
GPU- GTX 980ti
RAM- (4x4GB) (16GB) 2133 mhz
1x SSD- 256GB SSD
3x HDD- 2x 1TB 5200 RPM / 3tb 7200 RPM

(USB - Phone Charger / independent mic / Gaming Headset / webcam / usb hub (Attached - SD Card read - External HDD reader )

Kind Regards
Packervirus
on 1 September 2017
CX750 This was for updating my trusty old system. Has new style plugs and old. Very quiet with the large fan. I believe has a better efficiency than the old power supply, and power factor measured approx. 0.81-0.82 again better than the old one (different make). My speakers made a loud crack when turning off the old one, whereas this new one there is hardly a sound. Suspect the old one was putting a big spike back on the line, and these people have dealt with that. Don't think this one is what they call modular. (Less connections the better?) It has only been a couple of weeks but well pleased thus far. The finish and their form of words suggest quality and attention to detail and have bought another. Looking forward to a long reliable life for my old and future motherboard(s).
on 10 April 2017
Working like a charm 2 months into using it.

It powered my gaming rig, ill post specs below for an idea of what it can power.

CPU - i5 6500 3.2Ghz
GPU - GTX 1060 3GB Factory overclocked
HDD- 1TB 7200RPM
8GB DDR4 RAM at 2133Mhz
MOBO - H110M-S2H-CF (U3E1) Micro ATX

Case - Corsair SPEC 01 - Case fans - 1x 140mm, 1x 120mm
on 11 June 2017
Perfect add on to my Corsair box, no shortage of plugs and connectors to make sure you have all you need and I had quite a bit inside my new box so it was needed. If you don't have a lot inside your machine then you may also consider the modular power supply they also do which gives you greater control over the tidiness inside your PC.
on 29 March 2016
This PSU is absolutely fantastic, stable and quiet which I must say I was a little worried about since some reviews said it would be a little noisy, but I haven't found that to be true at all.

It's been a good 6 months now since I purchased this as an upgrade to a dangerous generic PSU I had previously.

I've had absolutely no problems at all with this unit and would recommend to friends and family.
on 15 January 2017
Decent quality PSU, would recommend for low power systems and do not attempt to over clock components with these power supplies. They are not as good as Corsairs higher tier PSUs.

Being semi-modular is a huge benefit has it allows you to only use the cables you need and makes your system look cleaner.

I have included the PCMR psu tier chart.
review image
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 August 2017
Powerful yet competitively priced. Never cheap out on your PSU, Corsair is one of the best and can be trusted to make a good quality product. There are cheaper PSU's on the market from unknown manufacturers, but I wouldn't take the gamble.

Well worth the asking price.
VINE VOICEon 18 December 2014
PC powersupply blew and had to replace it. Tried a 2nd one off ebay (dead on arrival) and then tried a new lesser branded one and it blew shortly after. Should've stuck to a new and branded one after all, lesson learned. This is great, worked straight out of the box and is deathly quiet!

Cables are a nice length and no problems with my system which is a i7, 8Gb, two harddrives, one DVD drive and a small graphics card - purchased the 430W PSU.