Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New album - Eminem Shop now Shop now

on 24 November 2017
Great
on 3 May 2017
fine
on 23 February 2013
Now That's What I Call Music! 83 do not like it as it is more like a dance album rather than a mix
on 2 October 2014
Only like about 10 tracks
on 11 December 2012
All the songs from this year, my son will love it - he's asked for it often enough!!
He'll get a nice surprise on christmas day!
Usually these cd's edit the bad language out too, great when you are buying music for primary school aged children
Another thumbs up from me
on 2 December 2012
As always this cd is great and I will get them every time they come out, love it! xx x
on 10 February 2013
I bought this for my daughter (aged 7) She doesn't really have much idea of modern music, poor child, her Mum is a Radio 2 listener! So I decided to try and inspire her. She LOVES this CD. I told her I used to get these as a child. 'Did they make one a year?' 'erm, no I'm not 83!' It's regularly on her CD player, and she has enjoyed mini discos with her friends!
11 Comment| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 9 January 2013
Bought for my 7-year-old son's birthday party as background music, mainly because it has Gangnam Style on it (yes, yes, I know...)

Apart from the aforementioned Korean monstrosity, which I actually don't mind all that much - probably because I don't know whether the lyrics are a load of old tosh or not as they're in Korean - every single song sounds exactly the same as every other song to me, with the exception of Elbow and (I can't quite believe I'm saying this) Robbie Williams.

Same sounds, same tempo, same four chords, same featured artists, same, same, same, samey samey same.

It was as if Calvin Harris had popped round my house for tea and decided to whack me about the head 130 times a minute for two hours with one of his own keyboards, while Florence Welch and Example took turns singing the word "same" in the key of C major (or A minor, if it's a sad song about splitting up and stuff).

As a result I found myself weeping in the corner, rocking back and forth, sucking my thumb and sticking my fingers in my ears (no mean feat I can tell you) while longing for the days of Now That's What I Call Music 10 which had M/A/R/R/S, Nina Simone, Whitesnake and Level 42 (google them, kids) on the same album, and wondering why all my calendars say 2013 when surely it's only just turned 1988 and I can't be old enough to have a 7-year-old son as I'm only 12 myself...

But I can't blame the compilers of current pop music compilations for including current pop music on current pop music compilations, and I'm sure my kids and their friends will like it, so on balance, 3 stars.

Edit 15/01/13 - having listened to the thing a few times now I quite like Sam and the Womp, it's got an interesting Middle Eastern-sounding melody and reminds me of Papa's Got A Brand New Pigbag by Pigbag (google them, kids).
88 Comments| 80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 25 June 2015
Another great now CD.I loved it.And it came out in winter 2012 and that was a good winter and my favourite songs are We are never ever getting back together,Gangam style,Let me love you,Good time, Wings,Blow me (one last kiss) ,Pound the alarm,How we do,under the sun and specrem (Say my name) I really loved it
on 14 March 2013
I always buy the Now CDs when they come out - they have a wide range of good chart music and this edition from the end of 2012 is no exception. In fact, I tend to find the ones released in November every year to be the better mixes, so this is up there with the good Now editions. There's always some tracks that you love, some you don't always like but recognise, some hidden gems towards the end of the CDs and some tracks that end up growing on you. If you are into chart music, then Now CDs are always a good buy, and this one has plenty of tracks to suit everyone's tastes.