on 2 May 2013
This looks like a great Laptop until you install the software. Once installed the Touchpad has a mind of it's own and seems to do everything other that what you expected. Contacting Lenovo Support resulted in them attempting to sell me a service contract cost from £106 up to £300 plus for a 9ne to three year contract. They stated that the Laptop had many infections and missing DLL's. This was strange as only the software that was put on during the initial installation was on the machine. Turning off most of the Touchpad options has made it a little easier to use but it is still far from perfect still tending to do unexpected things. The use of a USB or Wireless Mouse makes navigating much better.

After the initial installation and connection to the Internet Windows attempts to do many updates (32 in my case). These are all downloaded and some are installed but then one or more fail and the update goes in to reverse and uninstalls all those already installed. The only way I have found to overcome this is to install the updates individually. After much hassle I managed to install all updates.

Once all the software is installed the Laptop performs well and seems to be quite fast.

The only other problem I encountered is that being registered blind with only limited vision I find the vertical viewing angle to be rather poor compared to my older Acer laptop. The horizontal viewing angle is good though.

Windows 8 in it's current form is not best suited to a Laptop although if the Touchpad worked as it is supposed to do this would not be too much of an issue. Hopefully Windows 8.1 will address many of these issues.

I have rated this Laptop with only two stars due to the useless touchpad and the failure of Lenovo to offer a solution. If you are considering purchasing this machine then I suggest you check out the many Forums online where you will find numerous complaints regarding the Touchpad issue
6 people found this helpful
on 1 May 2013
I am pleased with my new computer but there are a few little niggles... Everybody is complaining about using Windows 8 on a non-touchscreen laptop and I can see why. There is a learning curve-it is new and different, especially for me... it's my first new laptop in nine and a half years and that one had XP! On the whole though, I think I can get used to it, but you do have to be careful to keep in the middle of the touchpad, or you will keep on toggling between screens. I will probably end up getting a mouse, I mostly use it at home anyway. Also, like most screens, you can't really use it in direct light because of glare.
Overall though, the build quality seems good, and I like the feel of the keyboard. The webcam and microphone seem to work well for Skype. It has a good spec for the price, it's fast and it still works after two months!
on 11 July 2014
Great laptop overall, fast, good battery life, nice display etc etc.

My only slight gripe is the blumin' touchpad. It's nasty.
After about 3 weeks of using it, my right click button turned into a left click button, so now I the only way I can right click is to click both right and left at the same time. It's very strange. I don't mind so much because I use a mouse, but it's still rather irritating.

Apart from that, can't complain at all. A small powerhouse of a machine
on 21 February 2017
Great laptop in all apart from the hinge on the screen has come away very easily...
on 15 February 2013
Nice sized laptop good speed and does what I require working with photos. Generally happy However the Touchpad is a nightmare. it does not have a natutal click and the you really have to tap it hard to make is operate many of the features are good but the feel and operation are to course.

Also note that the WIFI keeps dropping off which is really frustrating. As it was brought from Amazon. I have to work out if its just a confict with SW or if its a HW issue. Will percivere and see if I can get my issues resolved.
on 15 March 2014
Sorry, not able to give a technical review. However, I like the memory, speed (high) that it works and the size of the screen for a start. I use a mouse attachment and the computer does everything I want. Good price if you compare.
on 16 January 2015
Good laptop, not as fast as I expected for top of the range, but a good solid bit of kit
on 9 November 2013
Laptop would be great if no problems like a broken touchpad from the start and now after 10 months the harddrive is failing despite moderate use. Can't return it and now got to go out and spend another large sum of money.
2 people found this helpful
on 10 March 2013
Very impressed with the Laptop, but have a serious issue with the fact that mine [and others] don't load the Windows Updates. These are required to improve performance or fix a security related problem. I had 29 updates that had repeatedly tried up update and failed. The resolution was given by NorthernSoul within these pages [thank you]. It appears to be a problem with the version of Nitro Pro... one of those preloaded apps that I had no intention of using. If you have the same issue; go into Control Panel/System Security/Windows Updates/View Update History to establish if your updates have succeeded. If not; you need to open Nitro Pro, accept the trial and update to the latest version [Nitro Pro 8]. Once installed; run your Windows Updates [or let it happen naturally in time] and they should load... NorthernSoul strongly advises against simply uninstalling the app... this doesn't work and means you have to initiate the OneKey Recovery.

Additionally; I removed the McAfee Internet Security Suite and downloaded one of the free ones [Check CNET for possible options]. I was able to load a copy of Office 2010, but would have loaded Open Office if this wasn't an option. I also amended the sensitivity of the touchpad via Control Panel/Devices and Printers/Mouse/Device Settings then Settings to bring up a separate window. Select Pointing/Sensitivity from the left pane and adjust as necessary.
4 people found this helpful
on 4 December 2012
fast processor
a bit too sensitive the pad but you get used to it in some time
good hd images