• Slan
  • Customer reviews

on 31 March 2016
I first read this when I was 15 and found it interesting. I have read it several times since then and found it more and more interesting. I decided that Star Wars nicked ideas from it but now I think that's unlikely. It's pretty sexist I feel, but maybe it's not, it's just Slanist. Do try this if you like 1950s sci-fi.
on 26 June 2017
Highly recommended science fiction with an evolution theme. Still as good today and thought provoking as when I read it as a child.
One person found this helpful
on 13 December 2015
Quite liked this book. A bit naïve, almost quaint at times and definitely dated but readable and enjoyable too. Less than 300 pages so an easy and quick read.
on 29 September 2015
really enjoyed it . Bit different to what I expected but written a while back.
on 9 February 2013
I first read this book when I was 20. It's as good to read now as it was then. The style is not old school but it is a little terse.Bearing in mind that this was actually published as a serial in a magazine it's pretty good.
on 6 August 2015
One of the great books from one of the great authors. A must read for any sci-fi fan at some stage.
on 27 February 2015
A classic! A must read for any SiFi fan. Kindle copy as I couldn't lay my hands on a hard copy. AE vV is one of the greatest mid-century writers of the genre. Read his other works too!!!
One person found this helpful
on 6 September 2015
A better book than I remembered from years ago - well worth a read
on 15 January 2016
read it years ago decided to try it again.still good.
on 28 March 2015
A book I first read in childhood and still a great read even in today's saturated sphere. Do yourself a favour get this one read, you'll love it and the happy future it offers