on 12 February 2016
I bought this for a friend as we are both "relics" of WW2 but I was a bit disappointed with it. It is a very tiny and rather tatty book and the recipes are not particularly interesting. But then it is meant to be an old time replica of how things were in those days and it did bring back memories and we did have a laugh as we remembered the make-shift and rather frugal meals that we had "enjoyed". It is good as a piece of memorabilia.
on 19 October 2015
Very good product which has a very authentic feel. The size has been criticised by several buyers but it is entirely in keeping with the period it is from. Paper was scarce and that meant the size had to be small. It's a fascinating collection which is very evocative of the times.
on 16 February 2018
intresting,
on 30 March 2013
Speedy delivery. Well packaged. Content good. The only slight problem was the staples were rusted on all the books, which made them look as if they had been in a damp storage area. Since they are for a World War 2 event they will look as if they are war relics - otherwise the condition would have been a slight disappointment.
on 17 October 2015
Wonderful replica WW2 cookery book which stimulated much discussion between junior school class. Going to try some recipes for 100% experience of life for WW2 families.
on 17 February 2018
thanks
on 4 May 2017
This was great value and a really useful tool for my job as an activities assistant in a residential home.
on 6 September 2017
Trying to replicate war time cooking just what was needed
on 27 July 2016
Ahh this is so nice and authentic - I love it and I will actually try some recipes from it
on 23 April 2016
My son loves history and I bought him this for Christmas. It's a good I site into life in ww2 and would be gr8 as a teaching tool in classes rooms.