on 5 January 2014
I searched a lot before buying this computer. Since PC world had it I could see it and "touch it", assessing the dimension, weight etc. At the end I bought it through Amazon because much cheaper. At the beginning I was not sure about Acer, I always had Sony and Dell and I had been happy before, but I was told that Acer actually is quite good and sturdy compared to other brands. I needed a computer that was easy to travel with and reliable, and this is both. I decided not to go for touch screen because first, I do not need it, and second I guess more things could go wrong. I use windows 8 but only as desktop view, so I never need to touch the screen anyway.
PRO: Extremely light, compact, beautiful and reliable. Very quite, does not overheat either.
CONS: few things could be improved. When not plugged in, wireless tend to disconnect, quite annoyingly. Then the keyboard for some reason is not always responding and you need to get used to ave to check if you skip some letter.
Other than that, this is one of the best purchase I have done this year and I am absolutely happy and I will recommend it to anyone!
on 14 September 2013
Don't believe the experts. Acer are better than they say. I was put off by them but took a chance and have no regrets thus far. Experts you will find are not worth the paper their qualifications are written on.

This product does all it says on the label. Charge holding span of the battery could be longer but then it depends on how you use it. Would buy another one. Great value for money.
on 8 February 2013
Computer is light and fast. No disk drive incorporated, but works fine with an external drive. Windows 8 is a pain- really designed for touch screens, so does not work so well on a conventional laptop. It kept changing Windows whenever I touched the left side of the touchpad till I discovered how to disable this. On the plus side, the speed of start-up and connection to the Internet is impressive.
on 22 August 2013
The building feels and looks cheap for 600£ (and they say that the original price was 850, no way!)

It constantly freezes right out from the box, after a couple of days of usage it started to shut down randomly, making every single minute a nightmare.

Forced to return it and to buy a macbook air instead. Amazon was very good with the refunding.
on 9 May 2013
It's been great. Easy set up. Super quick start up and shut down. Everything is very easy and lovely and light to carry around. You need a mouse in my opinion. Battery could be longer... Sound quality exceeded expectations.
on 6 July 2014
The good: light weight, seems well built, stylish
The bad: really slow boot up, terrible speakers, poor battery life
Mine has a standard 500gb HDD, think it might be much better with a decent SSD instead, at least that would improve the otherwise abysmal start up time and may help the battery life. It won't help the speakers which are so quiet as to worse than useless - if I want to use Skype or watch something I have to use headphones.
Update - I've replaced the HDD with a Samsung SSD and it has transformed the startup time and general usability though hasn't done much for the battery life which is still pathetic. I did the changeover myself and it was pretty straightforward (though I was very relieved when it worked!) IMHO definitely worthwhile to do this.
on 22 January 2014
I purchased this Ultrabook in July 2013 and use it two to three times a week while travelling on trains and in locations away from home.

Frankly, I could not be more pleased. It is light to carry, attractively designed, provides a clear and easy-on-the-eye display, with a quiet light-touch keyboard. Battery lasts around four to four and half hours working in Office and Adobe Acrobat - sometimes a little longer or somewhat less if I connect to the internet through WiFi. In all, an excellent product that I enjoy using.

Having recently written a very critical first time review of a desktop PC (different brand) that I ended up by returning, I feel I should balance this with a positive second review which I consider Acer truly deserve.
on 2 May 2013
The ultrabook is sleek, fast, and looks great windows 8 takes a little getting use to but I'm sure if i stuck at it then it would be fine. But the one major problem I had was the fan, it kicks in even is you set cooling to passive and cpu to max at 50%. Long use would just annoy me and probably the people around me.
It is for that fact alone I returned it and spent a lot more money getting a samsung. If only the cooling was better this would have been an awesome ultrabook.

If you get one I recommend some decent headphones.
22 Comments| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 June 2013
Bought this after much deliberation. Very pleased with the ultrabook, very quickly delivered as I`ve come to expect from Amazon,
`srtill getting my head @ windows 8 but I`m sure It`ll be fine!!! all in all , very pleased & one word of note, having read previous reviews that the fan is noisy, absolute rubbish, haven`t even noticed it !!
on 14 August 2013
After a minor tussle with secure boot I have installed kubuntu over windows8 on this machine.
Following easily googled power tweaks it is down to using under 8 watts and will plainly go for weeks sleeping.
It's light, robust, fast picks up wireless Internet quickly on waking.
trackpad is about par for the course. e.g. not great, find myself typing and the cursor suddenly flipping elsewhere for no apparent reason but might be breathing on the trackpad! this is why a * has been deducted,though of course windows users might say that is because Linux is being used here.
I'm certainly considering buying more of these for colleagues that need a solid Linux road warrior.