Package Quantity: 1|Style Name: CLASSIC|Change
Price:£2.49+ £2.00 shipping

on 23 April 2013
This unit is neat and compact can be taken from room to room and is an aid to keeping the humidity levels down
before starting the dehumidifier to keep the dampness under control
on 21 August 2014
Great little clocks / thermometer - I bought 4 - one for each room and they work a treat for giving a temp reading / telling the time / alarm clock / and the date. The ones in the bedrooms read similar and when placed together in one room they all had same temp and humidity - great buy and value for money - would recommend
I bought this product on 02/2014 as it looked reasonably good value given the Amazon photo and features.

I have had experience of working in Laboratories for over 15 years before I became a Manager and have seen and bought a significant amount of these in 5 different jobs.

When I removed the product from the packaging and evaluated its quality and performance I was convinced that I had been sent a different product in error. It's not well built or user friendly and it has a very 'budget feel to it'. It's a lot lighter than I expected.

When I took it to work to test its performance against 'High End' instruments and compared the results to professional instruments that freely provide the information to you online I found that it was not as accurate as I would have expected given the price tag (I paid £6) and it did not generate reproducable results.

After about 2 months it spontaneously stopped working and I ended up giving it to a friend of mine to repair who owed me a few favours. He managed to repair it quite easily and even gave me a 12 pack of new batteries for it.

As I write this review its a fairly cold 11 Deg C and 89% Humidity yet the product says 15.5 Deg C and 67%.

Although I usually heavily research products before I buy and as a result I rarely award a products less than a 4*, my experience with this product suggests that I should award it a low 2* I'm affraid and I therefore cannot recommend it.

I believe that there are similar products available on Amazon for much better value that will perform to a higher standard.
on 1 June 2013
As described and very useful to keep a track of humidity in my basement. Good value for money. Glad I have it.
on 3 January 2014
Not the best out there, but good for the price. I have had two of these sat next to each other and left them for a couple of hours to settle down. They both read different Temperature and Relative Humidity (within a degree / couple of percent respectively). So, I wouldnt say these give a 100% accurate reading, but they do give a "relative" reading; which is good enough for what i need it for in my home and office environments.
on 16 May 2015
I've wanted a temperature and humidity meter for a while, and saw a similar one on a colleague's desk. I occupy one of those open land living/kitchen areas and wanted to try and keep the humidity at a manageable level (I also have a Unibond Moisture absorber for laundry times which has been great).

I located it near the window, away from the TV and not in direct sunglight. For the first week - which was quite warm - it recorded the humidity level as above 60%. From my reading,, humidity levels should be between 40%-60%. At first I wondered if it was faulty, but it now the readings fall between 40% and 60%, I can see at a glance (from a distance and without glasses), what the temperature is, though the time is quite small in comparison. Doesn't bother me because I was more interested in the temperature and humidity element.

It wasn't that easy to set up, and the instructions weren't a great help, but I figured it out in the end. For the price it was a good buy and it arrived on time. I hope I get many years use out of it.
on 5 March 2014
Product arrived well within timescales. Had ordered tree, for different locations. I have an expensive weather station for comparison and all three temperature readings were within 1degree, with the humidity readings being within 1.5%.

Readings were within stated tolerances and were acceptable because only a rough indication was required.
on 4 January 2016
Bought 4 of these recently. They arrived this morning 4/1/16. Opened first one, fitted the battery which came with the unit and followed instructions and got it up and running OK. Repeated same with second one. Got as far as inserting battery and discovered battery was a dud. Corroded. Repeated same steps again with 3 and 4 units. Batteries DUD. Just as well I had batteries available and used them instead. All units working OK. I wonder how the rest of the stock is? 25% is not a good yield.
on 20 April 2015
Bought these after borrowing one from a friend, to help me address a damp/condensation problem in our daughter's rented accommodation. I was surprised that the two I bought didn't record exactly the same temperature or humidity but as they were less than half a degree or half a % of humidity out they will do the job I need them for. They certainly showed, tangibly, what a difference our de-humidifier made, as well as the benefits of keeping a window open wherever possible.
on 25 September 2015
Batteries were old when two of these arrived so didn't work. After inserting the new batteries it worked fine and punctual... Few weeks later- time was running 20mins ahead...so check with your mobile from time to time;) otherwise cool