on 17 September 2017
Sadly only one star,about a year and a half later I had to buy a new hard drive as the one inside burned out, apparently a typical problem with this laptops
on 13 December 2012
This laptop is sleek, easy to use and looks good. I've already owned an Acer so am fairly familiar with their laptops, but combined with Windows 8, this is just a gem. Excellent value for money, I am well pleased with my choice.
22 Comments| 73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 June 2013
This is a very good basic pc at a good price. I'm not sure what all the fuss about windows 8 is about, it is easy to use and I just click on 'desktop' in the initial icons and use as I always have done. But other apps and games are easy to go to from the icons right in front of you. Maybe people who have not come across ipads or smart phones or kindle fire would be more confused by it. My old pc was so incredibly slow but this one is fast and has all the memory I am ever likely to need. Great for kids and general family use.
on 13 March 2013
well priced, works well, windows 8 takes a bit of getting used to and the pad can be a bit sensitive but otherwise does the job.
on 16 January 2013
I would recommend this laptop to anyone whose budget isn't massive but doesn't want to compromise on features. Price was excellent, I couldn't find this laptop or anything close in the shops for the same price. Its quick to boot up, very responsive, loads of memory, graphics are great and it looks and feels solid and the battery lasts well. The windows 8 takes a bit of getting used to but all in all very pleased.
Must mention the second to none service and delivery from Amazon.
on 19 March 2013
This is a great lap top, my son bought it for me for Christmas as my desk top PC was so old it drove me mad, this is so easy to use fast reactions and everything a Grannie like me needs, would recommend it without hesitation..
on 27 December 2012
I am using the laptop now and it works like a charm no problems, fast, nice layout and easy to get too grips with the windows 8. best buy!!!
on 30 April 2013
I've had this Laptop for almost a month and I love it! It's quick, it's easy to use and it seems to handle anything thrown at it with ease. I was always dubious about having a Laptop after always using a PC desktop but I have been completely converted with this product. If you are worried about Windows 8 to be honest I don't know what all the fuss is about.. There is always the option to use the desktop facility and it's very easy to use. Would highly recommend it.
on 20 April 2013
great laptop nice size great price came all ready loaded i absolutely love it, the windows 8 is great too, would recommend this laptop
on 30 December 2013
I bought this laptop with windows 8 thinking that one needed to keep up to date and buy the latest technology - but what a mistake that was. I really don't like it. Firstly there is not enough clear instruction to get you started with the tile concept and bth I reverted to using the desktop version pretty soon after purchase because using the tiled layout was such a faff. It is really hard (for me) to find my way around previously understood processes and I have found it very frustrating. However this is not the worst of it. My ipod does not show up when I go to my ITunes so I cannot synch my purchases onto my ipod. When I googled this to see why this might be happening I see that it is a common windows 8 problem and the advice given for fixing this seemed to have limited success with those who had tried it. Today I have tried to set up £300 of newly purchased Sonos equipment and lo and behold more compatibility issues. Googled the problem and again lots of windows 8 users with the same problem. Unable to plug and play. I wish I had never bought windows 8!
I am not unhappy with Acer but obviously my experience of this laptop has been determined by the lack of enjoyment that the windows 8 experience has brought me. Not a happy bunny.