on 13 January 2013
So far so good, uninstalled Mcafee as it slowed things up, put on avg which sped it up a bit.
3 people found this helpful
on 3 December 2012
this is one of the best laptops ive ever bought, buy it now! its quick, loads of RAM and great for gaming and work
2 people found this helpful
|22 Comments|Report abuse
on 17 April 2014
this laptop is 15 months old and is no longer working. Acer want £55 to assess the problem and then charge me for repair which could be more than the cost of a new laptop. I am very disappointed that after paying over £300 this laptop has stopped working 3 months after the one year guarantee has expired
on 6 March 2014
Laptop is very good but I am not happy how windows 8 runs I personally think windows 8 was out too early
on 22 January 2016
Exceptionally frail. Worked pretty well for the first few months, steadily got slower and slower- sometimes it feels more like I'm on dial-up than wifi. But, screen and back panel are very delicate. There was a small crack in the casing that turned into a large crack, and now the laptop cannot be closed without risking damaging the screen. It's not longer portable, which is why I bought it. The entire thing is desperately flimsy and poorly made- mine has lost most of the screws from the bottom of it's casing, and despite cramming the ones I find back in, they just fall out again.

A huge disappointment. I purchased this Acer Aspire because I had had a good experience with a previous Aspire model from Acer, but this one has me doubting the brand is worth buying from again.
One person found this helpful
on 2 December 2012
Bought this a a christmas present on BlackFriday deal and can't beleive the discount received on the purchase. Can't review product yet as stated is a present and will open ay xmas.
3 people found this helpful
on 12 November 2013
probably the worst purchase ever made though amazon. this company sells rubbish computers mine burst into flames luckily no one was injured or worse killed. when this was reported to the company they replied have you reported this to amazon they take no responsibility for there badly made product. advice to others don't have anything to do with this computer co if you value you or your families lives this is not amazon fault its production fault
2 people found this helpful
on 10 December 2012
This is obviously a well put-together piece of kit. However, all the refinement was spoiled by the machine mysteriously "dying", or at least producing the Black Screen of Death, which was unresponsive to all my attempts at resuscitation. I spoke to Acer who told me to remove the battery and hold down the start button, thus draining the machine of static. The call centre person said it had something to do with the charging process. Anyway, replacing the battery then brought things back to life. I was given a case number to quote. Ominous: suggested the problem would recur. It duly did. This same fault had happened with a previous machine of this model, which I had returned, so I asked Acer what could be done now. Their response? I could return it to Amazon, or send it to them for a return under warranty. Pathetic. Something wrong with their product, and that's the best they can do? I thought they were a top manufacturer.
5 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 24 November 2013
Keyboard flexes in places - over return button etc giving cheap impression, and there is no light to indicate CAPS lock being on or off - it briefly indicates on screen when you turn it on but after that you have to 'remember' yourself, which is annoying when typing or entering passwords etc.
on 14 January 2013
This is from my old computer.
I cannot do anything on the damn thing. I wish I had not bought it.
It will not allow me into my emails and everything is so confusing.
The mousepad is also an annoyance.

It is dreadful

Also there were no instructions enclosed so trying to work things out is so very very annoying.

I really want to be extremely offensive in my review of this "white elephant" that has so very neally metamorphosised into a discuss on numerous occassions.
One person found this helpful