Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change

on 21 March 2017
I had not read anything by this author before I picked up this one. It is a rattling tale where the lower level people are fighting against h.igh level folks who are plainly mad. There is a high body count and set piece capture and rescue scenes. Rather cliched - This will not appeal to a reader who likes nuanced characters and a bit of subtley. The book is too long and I kept looking at how many pages were left as he story got dragged out. It reminded me of Dan Brown.
on 3 April 2017
I liked the twisting plot and had sympathy for Jack. But the motivation of the villains is hard to believe.
Google
Gmail
on 9 July 2017
Good twist and turns, little confusing to start with but story came together before the end, which may seem odd but pleasing.
on 22 July 2017
good read
on 9 December 2012
I have enjoyed Michael Jecks historical crime books for several years and was interested to see how he crafted a book set in the present rather than the past.

The book is well written as ever by this author, although I found that towards the middle of the book I skimmed over some of the less central character's details and thoughts, and I feel that the central section could have been tighter.

However, my lasting thoughts from this book are how we as a society and nation have regressed into appalling violence against our fellow men, similar to that shown by those with power in Michael Jecks medieval mystery books, which may well be his aim. I felt that the story was probably a very realistic reflection of the present day. It left an unpleasant feeling that we have allowed and connived at our country's descent into the paranoia the book displays.
on 12 February 2013
NO! a Michael Jecks book not about Templars.. being a history nut I don't do modern stores, I just saw the name and clicked so wasn't to sure about starting this one - was I disappointed, not in the least a cracking story, well written, but then what else would get from a Michael Jecks novel.
on 9 November 2012
I have read all Michael Jecks Templar series which I found hard to put down until I reached the last page. This modern day thriller is a real page turner absolutely gripping - more of Jack Case please. I could not put this book down. Michael Jecks is a great story teller.
on 8 November 2012
Having started to read this book ,ifound it hard to put down ,indeed stayed up to the early hours to finish!! Avery good read.
on 7 January 2013
Interesting plot. Nice twist at the very end. However some parts seen coming a mile off. Easy read, pageturner. La la
on 8 February 2013
This was a the first book I read on Kindle but not the first Michael Jecks book.
I wasn't sure what to expect being a modern novel but was enormously pleased.
This is as good a book as I've read for many years.
Never knew where it would go next.
I would recomend Acts of Vengeance to anybody who likes a good read.
I can't wait for his next modern thriller.