Customer reviews

Kärcher K4 Water-Cooled Pressure Washer
Style: Stand-Alone|Change

on 18 August 2014
 Bought this to replace my old K3 which self destructed recently. In the middle of using it, it stopped and when I went into the garage where the old unit was located only to find it full of smoke and the unit inoperative. It appears the capacitor on the motor had gone pop. I ordered this new K4 straight away as it's something I can not do without. This unit is significantly lighter than my old K3. It arrived next day. Superb service.

All fixes together really easily with a phillips screwdriver. The only slight downside is that I cannot use my old extension hose from my K3 on this unit, as this unit has the quick-connect for high pressure side only. My old model had a screw in hose.

Looks like I will have to buy the extension hose separately, as they never seem long enough to stop you spraying dirt all over your lovely new jetwash.

As an aside, I managed to repair my old K3 jetwash with the purchase of a new capacitor for a tenner. Will have both now, one for clean jobs and the other for dirty ones, if that makes sense!

**UPDATE MAY 2016**

Machine has started to pulsate whilst in use (see video).

Spoke to Karcher and their answer was to connect up garden hose and allow water to run through the machine for half an hour to remove air. I found this unacceptable as my water flow is about 20-25lpm. This equates to 750 litres of water to remove a supposed airlock.

I'm not sure of the validity of this test procedure because as soon as I have finished with the machine and remove the hoses, the water will drain out and be replaced by the air I have used 750 litres of water to purge out.

I'm still in contact with Karcher to try and get this resolved. Will update as soon as I am able.
on 6 April 2017
To make it draw from a static source the hose has to be very short, literally 30cm, then it works perfectly, wish the instructions were more detailed.
First you need to buy a 15m pressure hose, or longer if you need I got mine from eBay, turn the tap on, turn the machine on, do not connect the lance, hold down the handle to make the unit draw the water, hear the pump prime and then you're ready to go.
on 10 April 2014
For domestic use, 130 bar is plenty powerful enough and the quality with which the moulded plastic parts fit together is very reassuring
I have always liked Karcher, and this one is just as well built. The detergent bottle snaps in. the handle is high enough for non-midgets, the wheels aren't tiny so the unit won't overturn..
Probably the only minor criticism is the water hose could have been a little longer so you don't need to move the unit around as much
on 27 April 2017
Replaced my K2 with K4 fantastic machine.
First time out gave car a good clean brilliant job.
Decided to clean stone steps with dirt blaster this is where it all went wrong.
More water on me than the steps due to the head of the dirt blaster leaking and spraying water backwards.
Oops,
Now having to send the whole machine and bits back apparently they cannot replace just the Lance..
on 17 April 2017
I bought this at an excellent price because it was superseded by a new model. As far as I could see the only advantage of the new model was an LCD display in the handle. I can live without that for the difference in price. This pressure washer has done everything I have asked it to. Great machine.
on 9 March 2017
Only had a days use so far but it blasted a heavy deposit of moss and algae off my slippery paths then washed both cars all in a morning. The 2 lances are excellent and do very different jobs.Very good price. Definitely worth the extra money compared to the K2 unless storage is a problem. It is bigger than the K2.
on 19 May 2015
Used twice now useless not supplier its Karcher wouldn't touch their products with a barge pole. Now own two karcher units one leaks new one dead as a doughnut, no power. Rubbish product. I'd advise looking at buying Bosh or some other cheaper trustworthy product....
on 6 April 2017
A very useful product. I use it to clean the glass doors of our shower.
on 24 May 2017
This was a replacement. I must say amazon customer service was amazing.New one within a week. Very pleased would recommend
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 April 2017
Powerful but not a patch on the K5. Lighter and easier to move around.