on 25 October 2013
I bought this and had to upgrade it as the 11 ultra version hung up frequently on a 2.2Ghz computer. The version 12 was not much better so Cyberlink gave me another version with a special unlock key and this was slightly better. I eventually bought a 4.2 Ghz computer and this can handle the load much better. Cyberlink support, were absolutely wonderful though and most helpful - I cannot speak to highly of them.

The program itself is very - very good and does everything that any movie maker would ever want, there is access to hundreds of themes, music, effects etc., catering for all tastes and videos. With my new 4.2Ghz computer it can handle the difficult stuff, file import, cropping and effects, and it is a delight to use. Even the burning process works well, even with a Sony BluRay disk burner that I had previously given up on. So it has all the codecs built in. Cyberlink have done a superb job and I am well pleased with it and Cyberlink themselves.
on 16 August 2013
No trouble loading but to understand and edit my old tapes I do not find easy. Is easy if you know how but this Video Editor has so much in it that I get confused and still unable to cut out unwanted frames. Will keep trying and perhaps one day it will all work out as I want. Would not say this is for the beginner in Video Editing.
on 8 September 2013
I have tried the trial issue and decided to purchase the full version. I was not disappointed, it lived up to its product promises. I have only used it for two movie projects but as I learn more, the finished products will improve.
I would recommend this program to any budding film producer beginner to more advanced.
on 25 February 2013
Had an older version of PowerDirector which was fine but a little limited. Write ups everywhere said that this product was one of the best and a very good price. My experience agrees with the reviews, it is excellent, easy to work with and faster than the old version. Also, I find the finish product to be better.
on 4 January 2014
Had cyberlink 7 previously so found this easy to use. Only problem is the length of time it takes to burn a movie to dvd.
I have looked at forums etc... but can't find a solution. (hence 4 stars).
2 people found this helpful
on 2 February 2014
I wasn't satisfied with the windows moviemaker so I searched for an editing software that is user friendly and offers much much more than the moviemaker....and i found this product...It was great! I love it! And I found their website useful too..you can download more special effects and get ideas for your videos...would definitely recommend!
on 18 April 2013
I find this edit programme more easy than my old, Pinnacle and Adobe Premiere Elements.

This is an excellent choice
on 27 July 2013
Great improvement on Powerdirector 10, makes HD video production far easier and to a better quality, greater selection of effects as well
on 30 June 2015
Brilliant program, lots of free backup. Highly recommend it.
on 17 November 2013
Just to be clear, when it works it's excellent but it just doesn't "work" often and well enough. Another piece of incomplete software where they take your money then rely on forums and multiple "patches" to iron out all the bugs. If you or me produced a product in our particular field that didn't work half the time we'd soon be out of business yet software companies just get away with it.

This program contains dozens of wild and wacky features you might never need yet omits simple fade in and outs on the audio without faffing about dragging audio levels. OK you can get use to that but further down the line try working out how to make the menus without going cross-eyed. Later try burning a blu ray dvd and be prepared to get a load of expensive beer mats before you get one that completes, then actually plays in your dvd player. What's prompted this tirade is that I tried to go back to work on a project from a couple of weeks ago only to get error messages when attempting to load the project from the stored pds. files - which eventually loaded with blank frames on the timeline. Ten hours work wasted and no help from the forum. Of course as soon as you buy you are bombarded with pop ups and emails trying to get you to "upgrade" to the latest version (for a price of course) - no thanks, I'd rather stick pins in my eyes. I'm trying Magix now on a free trial, which I should have done with PowerDirector.
3 people found this helpful