Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Playlist - Acoustic Christmas Shop now Shop now

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 14 December 2013
THE TOWER - SIMON TOYNE

The final part of the trilogy which started with Sanctus. A book that had me googling Ruin and citadels. The Key - still had Liv and Gabriel on the run from the Sanctus and now The Tower.

We find ourselves in America, with rookie FBI agent Joe Shepherd desperately trying to find out why Hubble and other hugely expensive satellite programmes have suddenly either gone off-course or been destroyed. The more he tries to find his former professors, the more he feels as though someone is always that one step ahead of him.

Gabriel has left Liv in the desert with the starmapp while he returns to the citadel because he has caught the Lamentation disease. With the help of the policeman Arkadian, he persuades the remaining monks to turn the citadel into an isolation centre for others who have caught this disease.

Liv finds herself in the desert and is joined by a people looking for "home".

I HAD to read this final book in the series. I started the book and wondered if I'd somehow missed the plot when I came across Joe Shepherd, so had to go back and re-read THE KEY. It helped me get back into the "mood" of this series. I'm giving it five stars because I think that the whole concept of a place like the Citadel, the monks and people trying to stop anyone from finding the truth, was simply brilliant and I honestly don't think Simon Toyne could have finished the trilogy any other way. But, I still think that the first book, Sanctus, was the most believable.
on 30 May 2017
The final chapter...... I truly enjoyed the first book Sanctus, I know it had similarities to other authors and storylines and lots of action, however, what an absolutely brilliant story!!!! The Key and The Tower both had in my opinion endless potential, literally anything could have happened after the revelation in the first book that's why only 4 stars. All in all a good story that started great and finished very good....maaaan the potential after Sanctus......Looking forward to seeing the movie !
on 2 March 2017
Fantastic book. Part of a trilogy which should be read in order (Sanctus and The Key being the other two). These are the best novels that I have read in a long while. Could not recommend more highly.
on 10 May 2014
I have enjoyed reading all three books generally. Simon Toyne has researched the background very thoroughly and added some really thought provoking hypothesis. He has added his skill as a writer, sprinkled some well rounded characters and produced an unputdownable series of books. I loved Sanctus,really enjoyed The Key and I must say that The Tower is the most fascinating ending to the series.
on 11 September 2017
Loved all three of the books, didn't get repetitive and a different yet tandem plot in each book. Simply a page turner.
on 8 October 2017
Bit of a strange ending. I really enjoyed the first two books in the series and although I was a bit disappointed with this one I would still recommend reading them.
on 9 July 2017
Simon Toyne's books are really well written and easy to read. There was never a point where I felt disengaged or bored by the narrative. Very engaging and naturally talented writer.
on 12 November 2014
What a brilliant book, it is gripping from start to finish. even when I thought I knew where the plot was going the story sidestepped into a new direction and threw me. A must read book for all who love historic, exciting thrillers.
on 1 September 2017
The first book in the trilogy and very enjoyable.
on 25 September 2017