Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£5.99

THE TOWER - SIMON TOYNE

The final part of the trilogy which started with Sanctus. A book that had me googling Ruin and citadels. The Key - still had Liv and Gabriel on the run from the Sanctus and now The Tower.

We find ourselves in America, with rookie FBI agent Joe Shepherd desperately trying to find out why Hubble and other hugely expensive satellite programmes have suddenly either gone off-course or been destroyed. The more he tries to find his former professors, the more he feels as though someone is always that one step ahead of him.

Gabriel has left Liv in the desert with the starmapp while he returns to the citadel because he has caught the Lamentation disease. With the help of the policeman Arkadian, he persuades the remaining monks to turn the citadel into an isolation centre for others who have caught this disease.

Liv finds herself in the desert and is joined by a people looking for "home".

I HAD to read this final book in the series. I started the book and wondered if I'd somehow missed the plot when I came across Joe Shepherd, so had to go back and re-read THE KEY. It helped me get back into the "mood" of this series. I'm giving it five stars because I think that the whole concept of a place like the Citadel, the monks and people trying to stop anyone from finding the truth, was simply brilliant and I honestly don't think Simon Toyne could have finished the trilogy any other way. But, I still think that the first book, Sanctus, was the most believable.
on 30 May 2017
The final chapter...... I truly enjoyed the first book Sanctus, I know it had similarities to other authors and storylines and lots of action, however, what an absolutely brilliant story!!!! The Key and The Tower both had in my opinion endless potential, literally anything could have happened after the revelation in the first book that's why only 4 stars. All in all a good story that started great and finished very good....maaaan the potential after Sanctus......Looking forward to seeing the movie !
on 2 March 2017
Fantastic book. Part of a trilogy which should be read in order (Sanctus and The Key being the other two). These are the best novels that I have read in a long while. Could not recommend more highly.
on 10 May 2014
I have enjoyed reading all three books generally. Simon Toyne has researched the background very thoroughly and added some really thought provoking hypothesis. He has added his skill as a writer, sprinkled some well rounded characters and produced an unputdownable series of books. I loved Sanctus,really enjoyed The Key and I must say that The Tower is the most fascinating ending to the series.
on 12 November 2014
What a brilliant book, it is gripping from start to finish. even when I thought I knew where the plot was going the story sidestepped into a new direction and threw me. A must read book for all who love historic, exciting thrillers.
on 24 April 2017
Amazing
on 9 June 2017
Really enjoyed the tale and the authors style.
on 22 January 2014
I'd recommend this book to anyone who enjoys the Dan Brown books. I've read it in 3 days which with a little one shows how addictive I found it. it wasn't predictable and had dome nice twists and turns.
on 31 May 2017
Yep. Finish's nicely. Loved the idea. Looking forward to the next exciting idea from this writer. Keep this stuff coming please
on 31 March 2017
I really enjoyed this story as all three stories in the this trilogy Simon Toyne I as a supreme story teller. I would recommend this book to all my friends