on 13 December 2012
I only bought this after seeing it advertised on TV and thought I would give it a go. I'm glad I did. I wasn't aware of the Live Lounge series of albums so this was my first but it won't be my last. I was very impressed with the relaxed, acoustic sound of the album and the songs are not all simply 'live' versions of the original recordings but are individual tracks in their own right. I have already ordered another in the series and have a number of them also on my wish list. Excellent buy!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 15 December 2012
This is my first Live Lounge CD i've bought and its brilliant. As usual CD 1 is better than CD 2 but not by much. There's some great cover songs by artists and you'll hardly recognise some of the songs compared to the originals. Ben Howard singing 'Call me maybe' originally sung by Carly Rae Jepsen is probably the best example and my favourite. Pure talent! Check it out on youtube 'Ben Howard covers Call Me Maybe in the Live Lounge'.
Now i'm looking to buy other Radio 1 Live Lounge CD's.
on 2 February 2013
Having previously bought Dermot's Saturday Sessions and really enjoying it I thought I would give this album a try. I like the mix of music and most of the songs included. It has a contemporary feel and it has a good mix of artists, for me it doesn't seem to be targeted towards any particular age group and is more interesting to listen to than the standard NOW style of album. It would have been a five star if they had a few more songs from different decades but neverless is very good, and I would definately consider buying the next one.
on 11 December 2012
I'm not a huge pop music fan anymore (sad, but showing my age) but this album is one of the most entertaining listens I've brought in years! Yes there is either the odd song or interpretation I dislike but none are worth skipping over. THIS is how pop music should be - pop stars showing off their actual talents (singing in tune and live). Try the short clips before you buy but if you like these songs/artists then you will probably already own it and if you are like me its the cheapest download I have found and well worth it!
One person found this helpful
on 26 December 2017
Love the live lounge cd series and this one does not disappoint
on 16 November 2012
This 2 CD is brilliant. The tracks on this 2 CD album are awesome. The tracks are reworked versions of songs with an added freshness to every track. A must for the collection!
5 people found this helpful
on 5 December 2012
What a fantastic CD. I purchased this for my daughter as she only wanted the song JLS are singing but found she loved all the artist on the CD. All the artist sound so different which was nice to hear them striped back to basic. I think this is the best one yet and a must have for christmas.
on 19 December 2012
i buy this cd every year for my brother in law for christmas and it never seems to fail. i also love the music on this cd so when i go to visit him and my sister i am enjoying the great music along with the too. i highly recommend this cd its brilliant and the price wasnt too bad either
on 20 June 2017
great choice of tracks
on 13 November 2017
love the music on it but did come with an annoying sticker that refuses to fully come off the case