on 9 September 2014
Still the usual errors but not as many, still, there should be none at all. Annoying.
She struggled to integrate the new characters. Their back stories were fairly none existent which made this one a slow burner. Also it felt like there was a book missing although I checked quite a few times that this wasn't the case. I feel the reason for this was the fact there was no character build up fir the newbies as previously stated. I am still plodding along with this series as the overall plot Is good, I just wish she would find a decent proof reader/copy editor/publisher/critic so that she can be guided and her writing skills fine tuned.
on 14 May 2014
So far I've enjoyed the series. This book was a little slower than the others, as it picked up pace the book ended. Unfortunately the next book isn't yet available, if I had known that the rest of the series was going to be unavailable then I would never have started to read it. The Prophecy Of Morganefaire, the next book in the series, was published in January 2014 and seems to be hard to get. Very disappointing because it seems I'll never find out the fate of Amber.
One person found this helpful
on 4 June 2013
After starting the series because it's a quick easy read I'm now completely hooked and greatly anticipating the next installment! The events in Morganefaire are unfolding swiftly and with terrible consequences for all. The wee twists and turns keep coming and the characters are all solid, no wishy washy plotlines or characters that feel unrealistic, if you can say that where supernatural beings are concerned! Where it would be possible to read books 1 to 3 as stand alone tales please read from 4 on in order or you'll miss some great detail. There are still a few editing hiccups but they're improving so don't distract from the story as they did in the early books. I started this series not expecting too much and have had great pleasure watching it blossom into a truly enjoyable collection and I'll definately be downloading "The Prophecy of Morganefaire" when it's released.
on 16 June 2013
So far the series has been captivating and very intriguing, and this book does not disappoint. The trill of the chase, the development of each character is sensational and I managed to read it within a day because I couldn't put it down!! Can't wait for the next book!!
on 9 November 2012
This book is an appreciated improvement over the previous chapter of the saga. There is some going around in circles, but the plot moves forward fairly well, new characters are introduced and mysteries develop. The bonus is a nice surprise and sheds some light on Rebecca's recent actions, but its significance or lack thereof will need time to be appreciated.
on 29 December 2012
I stumbled across the Ancient Legends series by accident and have been totally smitten with Jayde Scott since. Totally fantastic writer who captures your imagination within the first few pages of each and every book. I read all of the Ancient Legends series' in a matter of days and I am eagerly awaiting the next book in the series. Thoroughly recommend these books!
on 18 June 2013
Loving the Acient Legends series so much, it is a fantastic series that you get to know all the character in the there own way and fall in love with them all and hat the evil characters just as much. Can not wait till I get to know what happens next
on 10 August 2013
My only problem is I'm completely hooked on this series and I stay up late at night reading because I just can't put it down! So worth it though! Would definitely recommend reading the whole series in order, so you get the best out of the books!
on 11 March 2013
Another great instalment of this series of books. I can't wait to read the next one. I couldn't put any of these series down until read. I also want to hear more about Rebecca and her past. That has intrigued me. Excellent series. Well worth a read
on 8 November 2012
I really like this series and to be honest the editing gets better book by book but these problems do take a lot out of the reading experience like hitting an unexpected speed bump. Nice to find vampires who are not afraid to go out in the sun. I'm still puzzled by the jumps between English spelling and usage and American spelling.