Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£9.37

on 8 November 2012
As a new starter to iPhone development I found this book very useful in understanding the intricacies of iOS 6 development. It has many (79) small chapters, each covering a separate development area, which makes it easy to cover specific areas quickly, or just omit chapters you're not interested in without losing the big picture. The material is covered in a progressive manner, starting from a simple 'Hello World' app and escalating up to the more intricate aspects of development such as Collections, Paging, the Social framework and Store purchasing.

Most complex topics are covered by two chapters, one explaining the theory and one giving a practical hands-on example that the reader can recreate and put the theory into practice. The book is also very comprehensive, covering each and every aspect of iOS 6 functionality and due to its nature (small concise chapters) can also be used as a reference or refresher book.

My -minor- niggle is that a couple of topics could have done with some more coverage, especially Debugging techniques. Overall, a very good book covering an extensive breadth of material in a structured, easy-to-understand fashion.
on 24 June 2013
Good book for IOS Developer newbies. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I had very little knowledge re. IOS development and the chapters were designed for people like me. Also, the book gives a good explanation of the syntax used for writing code.
on 2 June 2013
I've come to rely on this book. It always has a good section about what I'm trying to learn and it always helps. I'm not a beginner programmer but I'm new to ios development. Highly recommended and well done to the author.
on 7 September 2013
I'm just finishing off my first app and have found this book invaluable. There are many times where the other xcode books I own do not cover a subject area where this book has been my saviour.
on 3 March 2013
It was an OK book, but no, the author dont explain well, it just gives you a lot of examples and no explanation