on 8 July 2014
well worth the money excellent
on 25 November 2012
Easy to use. The buttons are big, and distinctive ring tones can be selected.
Surprisingly light considering its shape. You need a case - a Pound Store camera case is perfect for this !
Ideal for (the older) someone who wants to phone/text, but does not need all of the fancy trimmings of the "Apps Age".
Vendor dispatched next day, and receipt was very quick. Would use again.
on 4 January 2013
I wanted a simple phone that I could use without putting my reading glasses on, and where you didn't have to go through menus to do simple things. I like the look and feel, and I like the big text. It's great to be able to set text messages to have big text or huge text. An intermediate size would have been better though. Then you realise that not all words on the screen have been made bigger. Many instructions and headings are still quite small. The time is displayed a reasonable size, but could have been much bigger. It's useful to have one button that takes you straight to text messages - but it doesn't, it takes you to a list where you have to choose SMS every time. It's good to have one click taking you to your list of contact names, but it's then not possible to view their numbers, just names are shown. If you reach the same list of names by going to a menu then the option to view numbers appears - all a bit odd. Clearly designers took a standard phone and tried to simplify things, but they didn't finish the job. And when it arrived the screen was set for white writing on a pale blue background! Much easier to read when I found how to change it to white on darkish green. But it is great to just fold the phone with no need to mess about locking or unlocking.
on 10 January 2013
Clear LARGE text, easy large keypad and navigation is simple.
A simple to use camera and the all important ICE (in case of emergency)
information. Loud ringtones and the battery lasts a week on low use.
Clam shell style protects screen,rubber coating makes it non-slip.
Excellent product!
on 2 March 2013
Got 2 of these phones for my mum and dad and they are really good, you can navigate round them very easily and for once they are loud enough the hear them ringing when zipped away in your handbag. The screens are very clear and the large writing if required is a brilliant idea. They arrived very quickly too. Would recommend to anyone really. I would say that they are ideal too for kids to stop them running up big bills with the internet. They are slim and don't look dated at all, infact wish I had sent for one for myself as they are perfect for anyone just needing to make calls and send texts. Highly recommended.
on 25 January 2013
Excellent phone and well worth the money with easy to see display, although the 02 network isn't really cheap but you can change when the money runs out.
on 18 May 2013
Its easy to use and read for the older person ( like me ) because of the large letter and number pad but my main complaint is that when texting you have to scroll up the page and to a previous page letter by letter I contacted Doro about this thinking it must be me but they confirmed it had to be done this way also 02 are a nuisance bombarding new customers with text after text and its not straight forward to stop them but I think I have managed it now.
on 14 July 2013
I am possibly on of the last people in the UK to get their very first mobile; and as a 75 year old woman I was rather scared of it at first. I am still finding my way around, but have become used to taking it everywhere with me. I found entering my contacts simple; and I managed to top the Doro up using the phone.

However - I deducted a star from my rating because I found the instruction leaflet very confusing. I was constantly referred to the online instruction manual, but who wants to keep going to their computer every few minutes? And what about those elderly, 'dinosaurs' who have no computer or printer?
I have still not mastered texting! I have grasped how to press the number buttons the required number of times to enter a letter, but after that, I am lost.
There must be many elderly folk who, like me, are completely new to the world of mobile phones, and do not have a six year old child on tap to explain everything to them.
Please, please make the leaflet more detailed! And when you do, please send it to me!

The Doro is easy to manipulate, and feels good in the hand. The buttons are large and clear, and being able to contact friends and family at will is great. I did not want a camera, but find it has become quite useful, and I am delighted to be able to listen to the radio whilst on a bus.
All in all, a great little phone - but requires perseverance for an absolute beginner to master.
on 7 March 2013
Brilliant for us oldies to use not a problem with any of the functions worth every penny my wife and my sister in law and myself all have one
on 11 May 2013
this phone was very disapointing as it kept switching off so i had to return it for a full refund. also before i bought this phone the seller told me that i would be able to get it unlocked to use on any network. after i returned the phone i thought about buying another one from the same buyer but i found out from lots of proffesionals that you can not get the doro 612 or 611 unlocked. the seller had been very slow at comunicating with me after i requested a refund. i had to get amazon( who was very good) to intervene so i could get my money back. thanks amazon.