on 10 October 2017
We have been watching a series of sports movies - you know the sort, feel good, rags to riches. That genre movie we can watch with the kids.

This is a good film. It is a character study of a father and daughter. Eastwood is great.

So if you want a slow-moving movie where we see some character development, then this is good. If you want a movie to watch with the kids (teens), then this is probably not so good.
on 14 October 2016
Fairly run of the mill from Clint Eastwood.
This is my first watch of this film and I did enjoy it.
Interesting character played by Justin Timberlake.
Amy Adams carries her part well but I thought sometimes she seemed in awe of Clint Eastwood, could have been my imagination though.
I will probably watch this film again in a couple of years time.
on 3 June 2014
While overall I liked the plot, the acting and the main characters, I cannot really give this a five star even though I am a huge Clint fan!
Perhaps my expectations where to high because of a few of his Clint;s last few films that were awesome, engaging and memorable!
Perhaps this one too many with little or no twists in the storyline! It just lacked that extra that has been in the last few or more!
It is worth seeing and this is only my opinion! I would not put off anyone from viewing a Clint Eastwood film, it does have elements that other similar storylines fail to engage on!
I would watch this again, give a view or two.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
I was unsure what kind of film I fancied watching - This is well worth the watch! So glad I picked it.

The film may start off a little slow for your liking if your generally a little impatient. And Clint's character may seem a little cliche in his 'old stubbornness', but stick with it as it gets better and better and with a great ending!!

If you watch it and disagree, please do reply here and let me know your findings. :-)
on 7 August 2015
After everyone thought that clint had stopped acting after Gran Torino along comes this little gem. Don't be put off by the baseball theme if that sport is not for you,it's just the background of the story. Clint and the lovely Amy Adams play father and daughter with relationship problems to work at. Hope this is not Clint's last acting role but if it is, it's a good one to end on.
on 11 August 2015
I approached this in trepidation as baseball generally leaves me cold-it's only rounders after all. However, it's a good story and well put together and whilst it seemed to fail to even reach British Cinemas, and not up there with Clint's finest but well worth a look. I was surprised that Justin Timberlake put in a good performance too.
on 14 November 2013
I've been a big Clint Eastwood fan since childhood and I never get tired of watching his movies. He was 82 when he made this film and he probably won't do many more movies in front of the camera, so I felt the need to get this movie. I don't think it's his best film but it's still very watchable. Amy Adams is quite good in it too. I'd never heard of her before viewing this movie.
on 8 January 2018
Good Sunday chick flick movie as Eastwood does emotions very well. Never thought the tough fella had this side to him.
on 1 June 2013
AS A FAN OF CLINT EASTWOOD I JUST LOVE HIS FILMS.EASTWOOD WAS BRILLIANT IN HIS ACTION FILMS (DIRTY HARRY,THE GAUNTLET,THE ROOKIE) TO NAME A FEW,NOW THE 83 YEAR OLD MAN PLAYS THE OLD STUBBORN CANTANKEROUS PENSIONER WITH FLAIR JUST LIKE HE DID IN GRAN TORINO,THIS MOVIE SHOWS WHAT A TALENT MR EASTWOOD IS ON SCREEN & BEHIND THE CAMERA.THIS IS A REAL FEEL GOOD FILM EASTWOOD SHINES AS DOES HIS CO- STARS AMY ADAMS & JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE..
on 21 March 2014
i would recommend this movie especially to clint eastwood fans, but anyone who likes a nice feelgood movie, this is one of those. it is a great story, not just about baseball, but about the characters father daughter relationship, friendship relationships, romance. i bought it for my family, they loved it, i loved it, I loaned it to my sister, she loved it. All in all a great movie, you can't go wrong.