on 3 September 2009
I bought this tape along with two others ( Just So Stories & My Completely Best Story Collection) for my 5 year old grandson, to listen to on a long journey down through France, this year. The Reluctant Dragon was his favourite, inspite of the very grown up vocabulary, which did surprise but delight me - I have to say that I thought it was fabulous, and was amazed that this was the tape he requested in preference to the more 'easy listening' options. Highly recommended.
on 4 January 2010
Some stories appeal to both children and their parents, this one will certainly attract the younger set, but, while pleasant, it is not really so geared at adults. However, it is refreshing to have the option to play stories not tied into TV shows or modern 'attempts to entertain' children, a good straight forward story, and one which will provide the opportunity to discuss issues about fighting / peace / relationships with your children.
on 26 September 2009
I brought this for a friends little boy who was having trouble sleeping. He wouldn't stay in bed. I brought this and said he must listen to it at bed time and tell me how the story ends. He has yet to hear the ending as it relaxes him and he falls asleep before the end. My friend thinks its marvellous.
on 4 March 2013
I loved this story as a child. I play audio cd's to my son whilst on long journeys in the car. The language and style is a bit old fashioned. But my son (4 yrs) enjoys it and asks questions about some of the unfamiliar terms so must be listening intently.
on 12 August 2013
This was a lovely book to read to my 8 year old. The language is old fashioned, so it warranted reading to her to rather than expecting her to read it herself.
on 24 October 2010
My grandchildren loved the story and sat wide eyed at times. I will now send the story to my daughter who is a school teacher in Hong Kong and I am sure the children there will love it.
on 7 January 2018
Product as described. Delivered quickly.
on 12 September 2014
Disappointed, narrator was dreary and story was not very entertaining or engaging. Dont use much
on 9 July 2013
We have 3 sons aged between 4 and 11 and they all love it as a bedtime story. Good purchase
on 6 January 2015
Good fun book - read several times