on 2 August 2013
To be honest, when I purchased this tablet, I had my doubts as several people who bought it pointed out problems with the keyboard or wifi. Lukily, I don't have these kinds of problems! It works really well. And those videos on youtube definitely help a lot while I set up everything.
Now I get the keyboard working, internet connected, useful apps downloaded, I feel that this is even better than an ipad! Plus, it is so much cheaper!
The only regret I have about the product is that the quality of the pictures from the camera (2MP is not enough for me, I guess). Apart from that, I am very very pleased with this tablet. I also recommend this to some of my friends who are hesitated to buy an expensive ipad. After all, with this price, it is definitely an option to consider!
on 28 November 2012
I bought this item as a Christmas present for my wife who spends 'far too much' time huddled over her smart phone so I thought I would make her experience a little more comfortable with a tablet. Having had a look around the web for a product that a) allowed memory expansion... i.e. not apple, b) had hdmi output and c) a keyboard all roads appeared to lead to the Smartpad. Out of the box the pad felt like a quality product and so far the build quality has held up. Charger connection seems fine despite comments left by others. Case and keyboard makes this pretty good value for money. I will update the review a month or so into use but early signs are very encouraging.... only downside was default language setting of Chinese, but easily changed to English (same OS as my own smart phone so I could navigate the menus!)
on 2 September 2013
I am 64 and was nervous about ordering a tablet, only used to standard pc. But Cambridge Science was recommended by my daughter. Must admit has taken me a few days to get used to it, but it is wonderful, the twin camera is great quality, when I skype can show family and friends so much more than before. I would recommend this product, and if you are like me and not quite so computer savvy, it won't take you long to get to grips with it, instructions are in English too. You wont get anything better for the price. Well done Cambridge Science and thank you. Belinda
on 10 December 2014
This product has a design fault with the recharging port. One tab stopped working in 3 months the second with in 6 months. I return one tab that was eventually sent back. All that had been done was that the protective screen had been removed and a new charger put in. Sent both back and requested a refund. No response. Reported to Amazon. The company name is a CON it has nothing to do with Cambridge or a similar named company. There is no customer service---"whats the tracking number whats th order number"---"oh it is in the lab."... The person who runs the company is a nigerian with british nationality and yes he has not been to Cambridge, not even training college.
on 9 March 2013
We order 2 of these Cambridge Science Starpad 9's for our children ages 9 & 7 for christmas. They are well worth the money, the only problem we have had, is with the chargers. They are very flimsy and easily snapped. We reported this to Cambridge Science, and within 2 days they had sent us another charger free of charge. We have stopped our children from plugging these in, as they can be a little heavy handed, and the charges are very delicate.

Over all compared to the ipad great value for money. Wish i had got on for myself instead of an ipad.
One person found this helpful
on 5 August 2013
hi i received my tablet from amazon i had looked at so many others as there are so many but the reveiws on this one were good you only get what you pay for .and was still within my budget
The tablet is good and strong good battery life compared to another one i had screen very good and clear and promt.
has everthing you need on it and easv to use and the case is so good with rubber keypad so it doesnt scratch the screen. powered by blue tooth it has dual camera my old one didnt this is worth every penny and would reccomend to anyone.
3 people found this helpful
on 18 August 2013
I purchased this tablet for my 75 year old mother as her first tablet and I have to say it is really excellent. The device seems very solid and on a par with lots of the more expensive branded products. The case and keyboard are very good and offer additional functonality at no extra cost.Having worked in the IT industry for 30+ years and used a variety of products from the likes of Compaq. HP, Dell and Apple it is good to see a less well known manufacturer producing a high quality product.

Very pleased with our choice.
on 11 December 2013
These will be Xmas prezzies for my daughters. I did take a sneeky peek to make sure that they looked ok - no visible damage. I am sure that they will operate as decribed and that I will end up with two happy teenagers!

The delivery was second to none and I couldn't believe how fast your service was.

Many thanks for contacting me, I think it shows that as a company you care about your customer.

I will write a full review once the girls have started to use them.
on 1 March 2013
I have been using now for over a week and I am still impressed with it. Comes in a great quality leather case and with a great little keyboard. It is fast and I have had no issues with it. The only problem I have with it is that I find it hard to set down. No complicated set up just switch it on and go. Charges quickly and battery life is quite good. As far as I see it can do everything the ipad can do apart from itunes. Since now you can get tunes from many sources now I don't see this as a problem. I would highly recommend.
on 27 August 2013
After much research I chose the Starpad9,am I glad I did? What a great tablet,all the apps I could imagine I would need pre-installed,fast downloading ,all in all a really great tablet for me (a relative novice) to a very experienced user .BUILT IN WiFi + BLUETOOTH + 3G (FOR PHONE CALLS AND 3G INTERNET BROWSING ON THE MOVE), 16GB CAMBRIDGE SCIENCES StarPAD 9+3G Quad core GPU Android 4 Tablet PC. (9.7 inch. 16GB. 3G)