on 3 April 2013
Although the delivery was speedy and came 2 days before estimate the charger I was sent was not the same charger in picture the same charger needed. I was sent no name charger which is defective.
Please do not be fooled
on 14 September 2014
Item arrived within 2 days I was impressed with this and the price was good. However the item I received is not the same as the photo or my old Acer power charger. This item is inferior in quality you can see it is made from cheaper plastic. The unit also gets very hot almost instantly. It works but I am worried about what prolonged use will have on my laptop, and I am going to get it inspected to see if it is a genuine Acer product or a copy.
on 27 December 2013
I do not like to be mislead and this is what has been done with this item.
I did not receive the right acer lead that I saw on the picture.
From my point of view I am unhappy
on 19 September 2014
At first, it worked just fine. But after only a few months, my laptop monitor began displaying red & green static pixels, which I assumed was due to wear & tear as the laptop was fairly old at this point. However, after dealing with that for a couple more months, the charger itself wore out. Then in need of a power supply, I discovered an official acer charger from an old laptop that I had tucked away & forgotten about. After plugging this in, the laptop monitor no longer displayed the static pixels & my display is crystal clear.

So as I now realise, the poor display was not a problem with the laptop at all, it was due to this charger not supplying a consistent & reliable source of power. So overall, this is a completely defective, sub-standard product that will be completely & utterly useless inside half a year anyway. Safe to say I would not recommend this product.
on 17 December 2014
Needed a new charger for my laptop as the original packed up so ordered this one. I'm glad I did as this is an Original Equipment charger -Ie OE Not a cheap copy like some. It Works perfectly and plug was a correct fit for laptop. Very fast service was delivered next day after ordering so would well recommend seller as well.
on 17 March 2014
I ordered this after my other charger 'died' and was extremely annoyed to find out that it isn't compatible with my laptop. It won't fit in the charger port at all because the pin is too long. Plus: BE AWARE. The seller would not allow me to return it. They only told me that I am wrong and that I need to buy something else to make it work. The worst service I have ever received. AVOID AVOID AVOID.
on 28 August 2013
My old charger had died and I needed a new one quickly. I was tempted to go with a more expensive looking one but I'm glad I didn't. This charger does the job and it came very quickly in the post. The attachment actually fits into my laptop far more snugly than the original one which kept falling out!! I will be sure to update this review in the future should I have problems but for now, it's great.

(My laptop is an Acer Aspire 5740G)
on 9 July 2014
This charger works perfectly well as a replacement to the one that came with the laptop. It claims to be an "original" but in fact has a slighlty shorter lead. Not a major problem but just too short for comfortable use where I need it.
on 20 July 2016
I had the thing for no more than 48 hours before the top half of the cable (the end that goes into the laptop) became weak and opened up. Normally in that situation I might be willing to take the risk with it but I could see electricity crackling along the line. Straight in the bin with it. Complete waste of money.
on 9 June 2016
Left my laptop charger on a train, bought this as a replacement, charges my laptop as fast as the original and is the same length.

The plug is very compact which is useful as my old, official, charger blocked other sockets on my multi plug.