on 31 October 2013
I found that the Battery BacPac boosted my cameras battery life by around 40 minutes when in use. Whilst cycling with the camera mounted on my handbars I could almost watch the battery status indicator on the back of the BacPac go down.

I have mixed feelings about the BacPac. On the one hand, 40 minutes is 40 minutes. The only alternative is to swap out batteries, which either is fiddly, or not practical if the camera has been, or is, in water. I think I'd be more happy if the BacPac was cheaper, maybe £20 instead. For it to be worth its full retail price, I think it should deliver the advertised double battery life.

There is also the issue that if you have bought a GoPro Hero 3+, the new updated housing does not fit the bacpac housing. So be warned. GoPro are releasing a "bacpac door kit" so you don't have to buy an entire new bacpac+housing doors, but this is still an additional £9.99 cost.

SUMMARY
=========
40 mins extra battery life. Unless you use your camera in situations making changing batteries impossible or very difficult, consider getting some additional batteries instead.
on 15 August 2013
GoPro really need to get their act together on the battery front if they are going to charge £50 for a battery, I had all sorts of problems with trying to charge it separately and it was even worse when plugged in to the GoPro. I ended up sending it back and getting a replacement, which works better but is far from trouble free.
on 4 November 2013
With a Hero3 I get 95mins at 1080/30 without bacpac and 168mins with this bacpac (ABPAK-301), that is an increase of 77%, not double as GoPro claim, but it is still useful to me. The boost to my Hero3+ is 65%.
Be aware there is a new BacPac (ABPAK-303) "Limited Edition" to be released at the end of November with an increase battery capacity and same price (think it is 10% increase but that is not confirmed).

Also I had to send the first one back as it took days to charge, it was replaced with no fuss and the replacement charges in around an hour.
on 31 July 2013
The battery is not nearly enough to make the camera work in a way
that gives sufficient recording time.
GoPro defenitely has to do better than that.

Claus Bisgaard
on 16 August 2013
expensive and you cannot use it with the touch screen. You need one of these because the inbuilt battery is not up to the job. A shame you cannot piggyback the battery with the touch screen
on 18 September 2015
It's definately not worth the money, for the price of this BacPack you could buy four Ex-Pro batteries which last much longer. I always record start/stop/start/stop and record videos about 1 minute or less in 2.7K 60fps, recording this way absolutely drains battery power as aposed to recording long, continuous videos. Recording the way I do, this battery lasts about 25-30 minutes of recording time at most.
on 24 March 2016
this is perfect. I haven't tested the life of the battery yet but once I do I will update my review. what I can say is I am using the hero 3 black and the bacpac doors fit perfectly. there is three door one waterproof and two skeletons. the waterproof and the skeleton fit perfect but the second skeleton is smaller so I believe it is for the next generation cameras.
on 20 March 2014
I bought this case as an alternative to the long awaited GoPo 3+ case which has still not been released allowing for fitting of LCD and Battery Pac. Later reading forums I found that GoPro were offering the Hero 3 case for free to anyone who could prove purchase of camera and Back Pac.
on 19 December 2013
wanted to extend my gopro battery time, well this bacpac does the trick, comes with 2 backdoors to enable to fit in your housing, Bought some spare batteries also, so my video time has now doubled, very happy.
on 26 August 2013
as in nearly every GoPro item, if not all of them, This product does have 2 x battery and is working fine

See one answered question