Platform: PC|Change

VINE VOICEon 4 May 2014
have hardly ever used it as there is so much I don't like about it. The worst thing I find is that there are very few digikits - what you really need to use it as they have the components you make a card up with in them - included with the program and most of them have to be bought. More and more keep being brought out and it can get very addictive therefore very dear. I would prefer to buy a program that included a decent collection of images to use in it such as Greeting Card Factory Deluxe. Okay you can't do as much in that as you can in this, but you don't have to keep spending to get a decent collection of images to use. Another thing I don't like is that you have to browse through the digikits in a digikit browser to find what you want to use and drag each one you want into a side bar so you can use it. When you use a component in a clip art, or similar, collection you just drag and drop or copy and paste directly in to the template.
Templates can't be customised or, at least, the margins can't be changed in them. For example if you want a card made from a sheet of A4 card folded and choose the relevant template - A5 (folded) - you can't set the margins to zero to make it totally borderless even if you set the printer to borderless. To achieve a borderless project you need to create your own template in the custom selection.
I have made a few decent cards with this program but usually go to the other one I mentioned. It's just so much easier to insert components in to the card and the whole card doesn't involve so much faffing around. Also I had approximately 10,000 images, of all kinds that would make up a normal card, included in the price I paid. I can use all of those plus anything else I have in other collections of images quickly and easily. I just think Serif, usually so good, have made this unecessarily complicated plus have made the program company friendly rather than customer friendly in that a customer will have to keep on paying out to get kits to use with it.
on 19 August 2013
I've used this software and its previous versions for over four years and can thoroughly recommend it. There are video tutorials for you to develope your skills and the Daisytrail forum where other worlwide users are willing to share experience and offer help. Serif support and it's ticket system provide assistance when necessary and were invaluable when my PC had to be re-built. The best advice I can give is just play and learn as you go, you can't break it. There's no waste of ink because you don't need to print anything until you're completely happy with the design. I've made memory albums and a large number of cards, both digital and hybrid. I've also created my own digikits with paper, embellishments and frames from kits purchased elsewhere.

I can ignore email promotions if I choose but by placing my first order over the phone with Serif, their sales team have repeatedly phoned to pressure me into further purchases. However, they don't appear to hold records of those I've made via Create and Craft for digikit bundles.
on 24 April 2014
I have been having a lot of fun with this, creating scrapbooks and pages.
Its quite complex to use and think it will take me some time to learn how to do everything.
The help menu is very good and there is also a pdf version which I am going to print out when I get some new ink.
I think most of the photo scrapbooks I make will stay on the computer as It would use a lot of ink unless you like pale backgrounds.
The drawback for me is that anything one creates can only be saved as a craft artist file, although it does seem to be able to import photos and images in formats such as tiff and jpeg.
I have a huge amount of images I created in a corel programme which I am unable to use on my windows 8.1 computer however I can use them in this programme.
I comes with some free images which are in collections called Digi-kits, just a way of keeping bits for a layout together The problem is when one scrolls through the available digi kits and wants to use one it takes you the website where one can purchase new kits. My advice is Dont pay for any new kits until you have used the free stuff. There is a lot of free stuff, you just have to register on the daisytrail website for free where there is a Lot of free stuff and also tutorials, more help, forums where people share what they have done, When I took a look there were some impressive layouts from members.
There is also a photo editor which seems good for such an inexpensive programme although I haven't yet worked out how to crop photos.
I have only had this for a day and a half and have spent too long on it, its like having a new toy.
its very good value. To anyone who is new to this sort of programme persevere and use the help menu
on 8 January 2013
This program is excellent and can't wait to buy some more bits and pieces to go with it. It took a while to get used to it but now can't stop creating my own cards.
on 17 May 2017
I was about to order this via amazon prime,but it's £5 more than on the daisy trail website!! £19.99 for download.
on 1 January 2015
Not one for the boys! There are aspects of this software that can be useful when used in conjuction with other image manipulation programmes such as Photoshop Elements. But, when you get into the Daisy Trail components you are very much in amongst the girls, where sentimentality is the main agenda. Pussy cats, puppy dogs and cute babies are the major visual elements surrounded by as many embellishments as can be crowded on to the page. If you go into the forums they seem to be open to discussion on personal problems and if you submit something that has any sense of promoting discussion, as a bloke, you are likely to be admonished. Pity really, because the software has the potential for craft activities that can be used in the workshop, veneer marquetry, silk screen printing, fretwork templates, work where plain outline design is an important requirement without all the frills and frolics of the set piece festivities. This software could be extended into many other areas within the vast Hobby market if only they could get away from over emphasis on sentimentality.
on 29 June 2013
This is a great piece of software for paper-crafting/card-making. It is very versatile and I can see it's potential for making very innovative cards. The problem I have is understanding how to use it's various features, having had no previous experience. I tried for ages to use the punches but had to give up as I couldn't make them work. I found the tutorials were not clear and basic enough but maybe this is just me. I hope with practice I will get the hang of it. This is the only reason I gave it 4 stars and not 5. Otherwise I am really looking forward to using it. Excellent value for money, as some of the other graphics packages on the market cost hundreds of pounds.
on 9 February 2014
This is a great little programme. I am usually quite slow with computer art and find these things too complicated. Still learning as I go along with it but pleased with the results so far. The only down side to this is the limited amount of free embellishments/fonts and so forth that come with it. Of course you can purchase more if needs be and there are quite a lot of free downloads on the linked website, they are cheap but it's just that thing of you being tempted to buy a lot. I've only got as far as the greetings cards though. I like the way there's a big choice of templates on this.
on 5 May 2014
This is ok but you have to buy all the additional packs. Since buying I have seen that you can download a similar version for free. I wouldn't buy this again
on 12 February 2016
I brought this to replace my original CraftArtist Professional so that I had all the extra software crafting tools. However, I do not find that this new CraftArtist software works as well as the original on my Windows 8.1. It often freezes or shuts down. I have uninstalled and reinstalled but it has made no difference. After, losing various projects due to the software freezing I have now gone back to my original CraftArtist.