Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.93

on 12 October 2012
Couldn't believe it when I saw this today - made my day. I love Jory and Sam, so I sat and read it in one sitting. Was I disappointed? Hell no! They're back with a vengeance. Sill as much in love but now we have 2 great kids and a loony cat to add to the mix.
Jory is still a ' trouble magnet ' and Sam still sorting out the baddies whilst juggling his life with Jody and his extended family. They still sizzle together and as always when they are together the chemistry jumps off the page. Fabulous.

Even though they are now older and more settled in their relationship I was thrilled to see that the dynamic that made the series so good, is still there. It was like slipping into a favourite pair of slippers - familiar and just right!

Like all its predecessors this story has just the right balance of humour and angst , in this one its Sam's past that brings some disharmony and jealousy into the story and links in to a case of a missing witness so of course Jory gets involved against Sam's wishes and sparks fly. The make up sex is hot and there's plenty of it! The kids add to the fun factor and happily they're not too precocious but of course they are cute. The rest of the gang are all here and yes Jory is still the centre of everyone's attention but I love that about him and Sam is still the tough alpha male - (who Jory has wrapped round his little finger) - he always is but again that's what I love about Mary Calmes stories and m/m couples. It looks like one of the main characters who has been in all the books is on the verge of a romance of his own,between him and a friend of Sam's, which looks like it could have a book all of its own. I really hope so because this person has always wanted someone he can never have and we're left with the feeling that there's definitely more to come from the two of them. Not telling who but fans will probably guess!

If you've read all the others you've got to get this one, its the perfect wrap up for what's been a very enjoyable series. One thing though, if you're a dissenter of Ms Calmes books because you think everything she writes is too much the ' same ' then give this a miss because I'm very glad to say this runs true to form and I LOVE it! Loved them all. Keeper with a capital K!
on 15 October 2012
This book is a great end for the serice you get to see how far jory & sam have come. See them with there children and family and get a look at sam's past when him and jory where apart and how jory feels about it .The children are great and realy fit in with them and you can't help but think they are cute sorry this is the last one.
on 4 November 2013
This series has been extremely good. From the first book the chemistry between Jory and Sam had me fixated on their relationship, the banter and love between this crazy couple has been exhausting. There are also so many other characters that have made a huge impression on me and it has been wonderful having them in each book and watching their relationships grow. The crimes involved with each book have been gripping keeping me guessing till the end of each book.

This has been a great series that I would have no trouble recommending to family or friends!
on 24 November 2012
Was so excited when I saw that there was more Sam and Jory.....but...

I love Mary Calmes's books but think that this reads as if it was going to be a much bigger book and then got chopped almost randomly. Jory is involved in something quite dramatic near the beginning of the book that is not referred to again except to talk about cars which struck me as off. Was also surprised by the no cooking comment and then later in the book he is back to cooking fabulous food.

~Don't get me wrong - it was great to catch up with everybody - I just wish there had more depth and consistency to the story.
on 13 July 2014
I love the Sam and Jory story.it's always about family and giving and understanding and passion and trust.such a good vibe off mary calmes.
on 12 November 2015
Fabulous. Love these books you feel like you're watching it all happen in front of you. Jody and Sam love them both. Brilliant.
on 15 October 2012
I was hoping for something different but instead it was the same old formula/characterisations. I found the plot disjointed and quickly got bored with the usual brand of chaos that follows Jory. The hitman/witness story was just plain dull. Okay, granted, the kids and cat were cute but they couldn't save this story for me.

Another niggle: in the first Matter of Time novel we learned that Jory loved cooking; was in fact a good cook (remember the football game?). So Sam having to bring home McDonalds because they had agreed Jory should not cook was a glaring inconsistency.
on 2 July 2014
Two dimensional main character gets worse as series goes on