Customer reviews

Fellow Hoodlums
Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 18 January 2018
excellent album - good price - quick delivery.
on 29 April 2018
Great to hear this again after all these years.
on 14 October 2004
I have been listening to this album for more than ten year and I never get fed up of it. In fact I know it so well that should I ever find myself stranded on a desert island without electricity I wouldn't even care because I can more or less play this album from beginning to end inside my head.
It's slightly more folky than some of DB's other stuff and the songs are a mix of rough and smoothe. I have always admired the sweet and sour quality that Lorraine McIntosh and Ricky Ross acheive and "One Day I'll Go Walking" is a great example. But the best song, in my view, has to be "Cover From The Sky", McIntosh's Solo.
Songs like "Goodnight Jamsie" and "James Joyce Soles" are a bit more off-kilter and to really enjoy take more listening than the rest. "Fellow Hoodlums" and "Day That Jackie Jumped the Jail" are up-tempo and tell strange and mad stories.
I could go on, but I love every song on this album and don't have enough time to praise them all. So I will end by saying that this is the perfect album. You will not regret owning it.
9 people found this helpful
on 26 July 2013
The doubts were always there that Deacon Blue couldn't keep up the standrad set by their first two albums Raintown and When The World Knows Your Name, but we need not have worried ......... great songs and a great album.
on 8 October 2015
This third proper album was a clear change from the previous album and takes a number of listens. I rate this album ; it would have been so easy to have done another "when the world ....." but they did a different style with lots of 70's keyboard style riffs - well done!
on 6 August 2016
A great album that was sadly under-rated given what had come before (especially "Raintown"), but one that stands the test of time really well and still sounds great today. The extra tracks and DVD add even more enjoyment. Who can't love Deacon Blue?
One person found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 4 February 2014
Gradually replacing my vinyl collection - I'd forgotten how good this album is. A Deacon Blue classic - an absolute must.
on 4 January 2015