on 1 September 2013
Have had three of the previous model of this which did a good job but the blade guard always broke around 1 year. This is a much more sturdily made product and the battery lasts a lot longer. The length settings are ideal for stubble, starting at 0.4 which is a very close stubble and without too much irritation. I tried a Remington Horizon before this - it was awful with useless length settings and returned it straight away as it cut my face!
on 22 September 2013
compared to my previous babyliss that they dont make anymore, it is better
fantastic settings
It does pull the hair a little if you use it too fast
Charge seems to be holding well so far.
Downsides- it does leave the occassinal hair uncut- so need to keep any eye out for that especially on the beard
gathers hair under the blade- so every mintutes need to empty the chamber under the blade by lifting the guard up
If you damage the guard, not sure if you can get a spare
Still feel a ceramic head is better than titanium
Overall- good value for money adn a reliable brand name
on 7 December 2015
I really hate this trimmer. The mechanism is poorly designed for anyone not regularly trimming their beard. It clogs up, it shaves patchily, it clogs again... For starters, the actual cutting edge is pretty short, but the real issue is with the strange swinging head. I have to make about 4 passes (which means tapping out/clearing out the razor about 20 times) before I get a uniform length/clean look.

I suspect if you plan to trim your stubble everyday, it *might* be okay, but really, don't take the risk...

If you grow anything but a soft downy beard, don't buy this. It genuinely infuriates me again every time I try to use it.
on 11 September 2013
Impressed with this product.
It's working great, does everything it says on the tin.
good value for money for sure.
on 25 August 2013
After three years plus, my similar but more advanced older model of this started not working so well and the battery didn't last that long. So I started looking for a replacement. I paid sixty pounds for it then. This newer and improved lower spec model was just twenty pounds, I thought good price, worth the risk. The only difference between this and its two more expensive models is that it uses a manual dial for the shave grade rather than a motorized or touch screen button. As far as I can see the performance is exactly the same.

Things to note, it needs a sixteen hour first charge and like my previous model I find it isn't as good on the Adams apple area and the moustache area, where I use a Philips electric shaver with a pop up trimmer if necessary.

After buying and trying many brands of beard and stubble trimmers, this make is the only one that has done a decent job. Its not perfect, but I'm very happy with it. Especially for twenty quid.
on 27 November 2014
DO NOT BUY THIS.

I just bought this in Harvey Norman in Dublin after reading the reviews here. There was a couple of one stars but mostly 5s so I went for it. The below review about it taking FOREVER to trim your beard is exactly true. I don't even have a thick beard, if anything, it's kind of patchy. Also, the longest length is too short.
on 28 February 2014
It just doesnt cut the hair very well. With my last trimmer it took 5mins, now im lucky to do it in under 20mins. Also it misses out chunks and leaves you patchy and you end up going over it again and again. Would not recommend, especialy at that price.
on 3 October 2013
The product is of great build quality and has a contemporary look to it. However, the way it functions is dazzling. The rotating head doesn't quite adjust properly on my face which resulted in having a non-uniform stubble. I had to clean shave because of it. I won't mind keeping this product if I wanted to have a small beard just bigger than a stubble. Since I only want a stubble, it doesn't do the job.
on 29 November 2013
good product, arrive on time.so far use only twice and had no problem with it. good product and i would recommend it.
on 13 December 2013
The item is a Christmas present for my grandson and he had reported to his mum that this was an excellent purhase

See one answered question