on 15 April 2017
Loved it. Bought on spec to an extent. Amazing pictures. It is a bit hefty, but, that is why the pics work, I guess. I have really spent months coming back to this book over and over. There is an awful lot in it that rewards commitment.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 5 August 2013
As soon as I saw this book I knew I had to have it. It is a beautiful collection of some of the most recent space images. There are stunning close ups of all the planets and many of their moons, as well as amazing shots of distant nebulae and galaxies. The accompanying text is concise and highly informative.
on 29 December 2013
I saw this on Kindle for 56p! At this price almost anything would be a bargain. But I must admit I had expected the pictures to be full page size and was disappointed that, on an iPad, they measured only 2.5 by 3 inches, surrounded by text. To have images the size of a large stamp really does not do them justice.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 26 July 2013
... as a birthday present for my son. It was one of those gifts I would have wanted someone to buy me. He is delighted.
on 10 August 2013
A fine collection of all that's best in astrophotography. The reproduction quality is exceptional, and would make a superb present for anyone with a fleeting interest in space or the stars.