Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 22 February 2017
I really didn't think the show could get any worse than when Geoffrey Hughes was in it, but now it's practically unwatchable. The Peggy Armstrong character is nothing short of repulsive, enough to ruin any appetite, and the stories have hit an all time low. I've only carried on watching because I'm seriously ill and housebound, but it's worse than anything ever made for TV now. The short part of the three coppers in the railway wagon in 'Off The Rails' was funnier than anything ever uttered by the revolting Geoffrey Hughes, and I can only imagine that drowning in a huge vat of dog's vomit would be funnier than anything yet to be uttered by the even more awful Gwen Taylor,and actress I've never rated very highly before seeing her play this disgusting character.

I've watched (partially) each series since the departure of the wonderful Bill Maynard, but only by clicking on my browser whenever Geoffrey Hughes appeared, and when I heard the story switch back I'd carry on watching. Now I can't even do that because the hideous voice of 'Peggy Armstrong' is unbearable and I can't keep muting it as well.

Also there are so many cast changes, it shows how desperate the producers were becoming. No one lasts very long, actors come and go, yet we're stuck with the most awful ones like Gwen Taylor. I despair at this now, and have only really tried to keep watching for the nostalgia factor, although for the past 3 or 4 series the car tax discs seem to have been stuck on an expiration date of Dec 69, even though several winters have passed. Desperately trying to keep the show in the '60s, but with awful scriptwriters and worse actors in many cases.

Heartbeat Rest In Peace, although that should have happened when Bill Maynard left. Now I'll have to find something else to buy on DVD.
88 Comments| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 8 February 2015
After saying goodbye to PC Steve Crane in the last episode of series 13, we say hello to PC Rob Walker in the first episode of this series, 14. Have to be honest, at first I really can't stand him (I think that's what we are meant to feel), but don't worry, after a few episodes he starts to fit in to the wonderful world of Heartbeat.

A couple more changes are Rosie Cartwright comes into the show, along with the new doctor, Dr Helen Trent, PC Geoff Younger, Sgt George Miller, & Peggy Armstrong. As for more goodbyes, we lose Sgt Dennis Merton, Jenny Merton, Dr Liz Merrick, & Ben Norton - all in the one episode. While towards to end of the series we also have to say bye to Vernon Scripps.

Disk 1:

Series 14 – Episode 24, Every Dog His Day, 22 May 2005
Series 14 – Episode 25, Services Rendered, 29 May 2005
Series 14 – Episode 26, Bin Man, 5 July 2005
on 19 July 2017
Much better than I expected, new copper fits in quite well. Only thing annoying is the same old music we keep hearing again and again.
on 29 June 2017
Good in the same way I have stated before
on 14 July 2017
Great value for money and excellent delivery
on 15 April 2017
fine
on 30 July 2017
thankyou ,my husband enjoyed them while ,not feeling well
on 26 June 2017
I am very pleased with the item.
on 14 July 2017
fine
on 21 August 2013
It is about time that Heartbeat got some recognition for being a family friendly and treasured drama series that appeals to so many.

I also think it's great that these DVDs are being released with a lot more momentum than when they first were released. The price of the DVDs has also dropped, which is great for fans with a low budget.

The picture and sound quality on Series 14 is great, better than that of the earlier series, the only downfall is that these DVDs still do not come with subtitles, which would make them more accessible to a lot more people. I also would like too see some more of the documentaries about Heartbeat added as extras on these DVDs.