Customer reviews

on 10 March 2017
I opened the box to find that the top had been off the jar as indicated by the Bonds sticker (as shown in the second picture) was on the different side on the jar than it was on the lid.

However, I tried them as nothing obvious was wrong but on having had six of them I can now say than none of them have had seeds in; instead there is some kind of pellet nucleus. This is very disappointing and that, combined with the broken seal, makes me think they might have been replaced with cheaper versions.

All that said, they are tasty, certainly for the most part, but I wouldn't buy them again unless I knew they have the seeds.
on 8 September 2017
These were for a gift and was not as popular as the Jelly Beans usually bought but they were a cheaper option. All a matter of taste I suppose. Good service and value just my son on laws taste buds!
on 13 October 2016
I bought these less than a week ago, they arrived quickly but when they arrived the seal on the back was broken and missing, but you could still see the white paper residue from where it once was, so a little disappointed as my sweets may have been tampered with, or stolen, but they still taste fine so otherwise it would have been 5 stars
#1 HALL OF FAMETOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 19 August 2014
These Bond's Aniseed Balls are good - so good that we were racking up a considerable bill in buying quarters from a traditional sweet shop in a small, expensive tourist town. The economics of buying this jar on Amazon mean a considerable saving in cost but the jar is plastic and ours was a bit cracked. However, to focus on the contents, these Aniseed Balls taste wonderful - they are hard and take a long time to dissolve in your mouth (saving calories) plus, have a strong, consistent flavour throughout. At the core there's a inner shell which is slightly more intense in flavour and a softer texture (rather than the seed you sometimes get) which adds to the satisfaction of eating these tasty offerings from Bonds.

Great sweets and, in my opinion, the "best of breed" but the cracked plastic jar spoils the traditional effect a bit. Overall though recommended.
on 19 March 2014
These are nice and sweet and the sugar has been properly boiled, i.e. it's hard all the way through the sweet. There is a seed in the middle, as you would expect, but some other makers are not including them and also they do not boil the sugar correctly, so it is granular and just dissolves in your mouth after the first few layers.

Bond's are superior to other aniseed balls I have tried, yet still they lack aniseed flavouring from a certain point inside the sweet, until the centre. For that reason, I cannot give them 5 stars.
on 15 April 2013
It seems to be quite difficult sometimes to get Imperial Mints from the local supermarkets,& being an elderly wheelchair user, I can't just nip out to the nearest sweetshop. So imagine my joy at receiving this vast jar of snowy white mints in a proper old fashioned shape. I would have given it 5 stars if it had been glass instead of plastic, but I suppose the postage would have been phenomenal.They do actually taste nice too, and as my husband only has 3 a day they will last forever.
on 21 June 2013
Nice Jar and quality Aniseed balls.(even tho plastic)
No longer have to rely on the retailers
who just don't keep up with demand.
Recommended !
on 11 August 2014
Just brilliant. I've tried all the different makes of Aniseed Ball on Amazon and whilst some of the others are very good. These bad boys are the best.
on 10 February 2013
Got the chocolate raisians for my mother as a good sause for iron as she's not good with tablet and she loves them they was lovely and fresh
on 8 April 2013
Bought these for my 16 year old nephew. The jar is big, and he was delighted when it arrived. He's now using the empty jar for something else having quickly polished off the contents. A good value novel gift to send via post.

See one answered question