on 1 June 2014
Good book was in my late teens when I watched him play at forest it was only when he wasn't playing that you realised how much they missed him
on 9 November 2012
As a football and Nottingham forest fan I was eager to get my hands on this book. It is well written and intesting to read. John Mcgovern gives a no nonsense honest account of his life both inside and outside of football. My only disappointment was that I read the book on my Ipad and there were no photographs or illustrations. I am not to sure if I will continue with Kindle editions.
on 31 July 2015
I liked all of the book, fascinating at what goes on behind closed doors of football players/managers when they not on the field of play. I would recommend this book to all Forest and footy fans and 5 stars is well worth it.
on 3 October 2013
It was interesting to find out about Johns expoits with the Forest team during their great days. It was also good to understand and experience his time as a Manager after he stoped playing. I really enjoyed this book
on 3 May 2013
A brilliant read. One of the most respected Club Captains by his colleagues, but not by the fans "until he was not there"; then they realised what he did for the team!!!!!! The "ups and downs" of his life are all there to read about. How was his relationship with Brian Clough? Read this book for the answer!!!
on 3 July 2016
What a great read one of the best football biographies I have read and I have read many .And people should remember John McGovern was a great player .I cannot believe a Scot with 2 European cup winner runs never got a cap for his country .
on 4 November 2015
A good book written by a vastly underrated footballer, there is more to John McGovern than his neat style of play and his unusual running style. Gives a good insight into life at the top and bottom of the football ladder.
on 5 April 2016
This book is excellent and is as much to do with the antics of Brian Clough but it's a perfect portrayal of the banter between him and his captain John McGovern
on 11 September 2015
good read worked very hard to make it had hard times as a player but two time champions league winner when only champions we allowed
on 1 November 2012
I bought the Kindle version of this book. It is a genuine autobiography by the most underrated player of his generation. An excellent read from beginning to end.Most of tadays players could learn from him about how to conduct yourself on and off the pitch.