Style: Stereo Headset|Colour: Black|Change
Price:£39.52 - £279.99

on 18 September 2016
Was in need of a new headset for both my PC and Xbox as I like to play all sound through a headset.

After browsing for a while I surprisingly found the Razer product to be the best quality for price value, I have always preferred over the ear head phones for comfort and I can certainly say these are very comfy to wear for long periods of time and the sound quality is brilliant.

If you wish to use these on Xbox you will need the chat adapter.

Well packaged.
on 19 March 2017
I bought these to replace the Philips shp2500 headphones Id been using for over 10 years. They still worked great, but I felt it was time I desperately needed an upgrade.
I am not very tech savvy so after some fiddling about with the settings on my computer I finally got them to work and wow, the quality on these were amazing
It felt like Id been listening to games half deaf, Ive always had my PC on the highest volume but now I never need to surpass 15% and it feels like im in the game itself!
The colour is really the only gripe I have, its not really the bumblebee yellow it is in the picture but more a high vis jacket yellow. I dont really mind, and doesnt take away from its lovely look, just a little deceiving.
As for the comfort, most of the time I have been wearing these for hours at a time and they still remain comfortable, to the point I forget im wearing them half the time. The ear cups seem to have a slight suction when you take them off, which I guess is intentional to help iliminate outside noise when on, which it does extremely well!
The mic ive only used once, and was told I sounded quite loud but very clear. However I completely put this down to my own mistakes on setting it up and not moving the mic further away enough from the headset.
on 8 July 2015
Razer Kraken Analog Music and Gaming Headphones - E-Panda Hooligan Edition

I had been looking for some headphones for quite a while and i was just browsing these and found a pair for £35 used but to be honest these where brand new not a mark on them and sealed in a perfect box. I decided not getting the 7.1 with mic, as listening to other people, the quality was quite poor, plus I use a blue Yeti as my personal Microphone also Razer's own software lets you use simulated 7.1 if you want to do so.

Sound - not the best sound you will ever hear. The same as beats technical wise (20 - 20,000 Hz freq, 40 mm driver) the lows are very good, highs not the best but sufficient, you not going to notice much different to other headphones if your listening anything over Youtube or watching a stream, but playing games, movies or lossless music you defiantly will.

Look and Feel - very soft padding around the ear cups, I can last around 5-8 hr before having to change to a different type of headphone, maybe my ears are bigger then normals people but after a while, the ear parts closer to my face start to hurt and I need to take an hours break, I think if they didn't press on my head that much this problem could have been solved. the good news is that they feel really solid and I don't think they will break any time soon. The wire is one of the things I love. It has a short 1.3m wire and a extender 2.2m for when you need to move around your room without taking them off.

Overall - if you get them for a good price buy them, do not pay full price, this is typical of any Razer Product. Would have loved to see a bag included with them as i'v bought headphones that cost £30 and come with a bag
on 4 March 2014
... but not massivly long sessions. After an hour or so, I find that they begin to compress my ears slightly. I usually take a break then anyway, however I would not reccomend these as a purchase for people who need more than an hour at a times useage.

The headset itself i have been told sounds great when im talking to friends, and sounds great to me. (I have downloaded the Razer Synapse 2.0 which gives the addition of surrond sound as well, great for hearing people sneaking up on you in games)
on 23 July 2013
I bough this headset about 2 weeks ago so I've got some decent experience with it now.

SETUP: 5/5
My favorite thing about it is the simplicity, just a 3.5 audio and a 3.5 mic cable coming out of it, super easy to set up.

GAMING: 5/5
I've mostly been playing CoD and Fallout since I got the headset. It's fairly easy to get an idea about where footsteps/gunfire are coming from in CoD, the bass is great so for games with a lot of explosions and planes the headset lends a very immerse experience. Fallout also sounds great, the voices are clear and and depth, and the ambient sound track plays well through the headset.

MUSIC: 3/5
This is the headsets one weakness in my opinion - the bass is overpowering with the mids being overly muffled. Sounds like your listening through a pillow. It's not bad by any means, but if your going to be listening to a lot of music and require good sound accuracy then this might not be for you.

MICROPHONE: 5/5
A nice touch is that it's a retractable mic which is convenient for when you don't want to look like an aircraft pilot walking down the street. I've been told that it's good quality over Skype.

BUILD: 4/5
Solid - it's hard to actually tell how big the headset it from the pictures, but it's pretty huge. It pretty much exudes quality, although it's made out of plastic it's nice plastic, very chunky. Razer claims that this is the comfiest gaming headset on the market - whilst I wouldn't go that far (after 45 minutes you start to feel a bit of pressure on your head), it is still very comfortable. Almost feels like you're wearing a cloud when you first put it on.

Overall this is a nice solid buy, just steer clear if you're going to be listening to a lot of music on it.
on 14 January 2017
I would like to start with the sound with my Mac, iPad, phone and ps vita was very muffled the microphone did NOT work. The only thing I liked about this item was the look very nice. Since I've purchased this headset I have had to send it back dew to all of its flaws. But my iMac is older than me (over 11) so it could be the problem. in all I loved the colour and design but there was also some chipped parts.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 May 2017
Not cheap but my son loved them and they've lasted ages. And still going strong.
on 6 June 2017
NIce gaming headset very clear mic as my friends told me while in game or in voice calls, the sounds are clear and so much better with the razer surround pro. The weight is just right for long hours of use. Highly recommend.
on 21 April 2017
For the price of this headset it has a done a job well done. Congrats to Razer for making a very stable product this has lasted me nearly 3 to 4 years and it has performed very high and consistent, if this doesn't say anything than you are not well educated about gaming headsets.
on 12 March 2017
Purchased for my boyfriend who loves them! Very comfy and sound is awesome!