on 14 September 2017
I find the characters in Amanda books,never have many friends.
Main character was close to her Gran but couldn't fathom out why,with the childhood she described,why didn't Gran sort the Mum out !!
Could of been a real good story if some of it wasn't so far fetched.
She couldn't of got as far as she did with out the reporter.
And no way would they have releast her husband just because of her sleeping with main man.
Shame the person who helped her the most was killed off,as his story was not worth taking his life for,couldn't feel any empathy for characters,which you normally would in circumstances
on 12 June 2017
I've read quite a few of Amanda Prowse's books, but this one was not very good in comparison to some of the other ones. Totally unrealistic, ridiculous plot, unbelievable/unlikeable characters... had to force myself to finish it because I don't like to give up on a book, but a waste of time really.
on 30 October 2012
I absolutely loved the way this story was told, and thoroughly enjoyed reading it on my holidays. I was entranced by the leading lady and her sad up-bringing, her poor old Nan, and how she and her hubby stuck by each other through thick and thin.
It was totally unlike any other novel I have read before and I really could not put it down. Amanda Prowse is a wonderful story teller and I really do look forward to reading any future books she writes.
on 23 September 2017
Really enjoyed this story. I haven't been disappointed with any of this authors books. Will continue to download.
on 3 August 2017
I gave Food for thought' 5 stars, so I went straight into another Amanda Prowse book. Its was OK, but not really for me. All a bit hearts and flowers and it seemed a little unrealistic. But, worth a try if this is a genre you like.
on 2 April 2017
Stretched my credibility but still held me gripped. Moving and funny with a sad and unexpected ending. Another good read
on 29 April 2017
I love Amanda Prowse novels, but this one didn't grip me right from the start. However I persevered and did enjoy it although the story was a bit 'farfetched'
on 12 August 2017
Well written. Good story line and dots of humour. Great characters
on 20 August 2017
A rather unlikely story but I enjoyed the description of the close relationships between the two main characters
on 20 May 2017
Didn't like this book much. Seemed very corny and unbelievable