on 17 February 2017
Before buying those Ultimate Run Bras I used to wear Nike sports bras, but then as my long runs got longer I started to get chafing. I ordered my first Shock Absorber one from a department store but returned it as I couldn't put it on. A week later I went back to the same department store where they offer a bra fitting service and asked them what size I should buy. The lady explained that sports bras and everyday bras can be different in fit and size, and that I had actually bought the wrong size. She picked the correct size for me and once I had it on helped me adjust the straps. I said I found it tight and she replied that it was a sports bra and that it was meant to be. I'm really glad I bought it in the end! It's really comfortable to run with, I don't get any chafing at all any more or unpleasant bouncing. They wash well as well. One tip : once the straps are adjusted clip them together before putting the bra on. The clip again doesn't need to be undone when taking the bra off. I rotate between 3 of them and change the lot once a year.
review image
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 28 September 2016
I've bought loads of sports bras over the years and in my experience, the Shock Absorber range are by far the best and the 'Shock Absorber Run' is the very best of the best!

I'm 32F in normal bras, but know from previous purchases to always order the next size up; I ordered this one as a 32FF and it fits beautifully. I enjoy running, zumba and body combat and will usually wear my 'Run' bras for all of these activities; it makes me feel really secure and comfortable too. With other brands, no matter what they claim, there's often still some movement, which is no good if you're in the middle of a run or a class that you have to cut short because it's too uncomfortable to carry on!

This bra is well made, with good stitching and strong quality material; the upper clasp is a little tricky to fasten by yourself unless you've got pretty flexible arms, but these Shock Absorbers are well worth the effort of a bit of wriggling and stretching to do them up.

I'm really very happy with all of my Shock Absorbers - my only choice when buying sports bras!
on 23 May 2017
I'm read the reviews about how small the band on this bra fit. But, my typical size of 30E was £10 cheaper than the other sizes. So, I thought that SURELY it can't be THAT small. Anyways - I like a more snuggly fit bra and sometimes even wear a 28F! Boy - was I wrong!

Like others have said - the band is ridiculously undersized for the size stated. I actually COULD get the bra hooked on the last hook - but it took a heck of a lot of muscle and if I were to attempt a run, I'd probably collapse because breathing wouldn't be an option.

It was so tiny that I exchanged for 2 band sizes up, 2 cup sizes down - so a 30E to a 34D. It's a massive improvement! I can very easily hook this one on the smallest hook, so I likely should have gone with a 32DD, instead. But, it feels secure enough and it's not as if I have a massive chest to support.

All in all, now that I've found a more appropriate size - I'm happy with my purchase. It seems like a quality item and although I haven't taken it for a run so to speak, I think it will keep everything where it needs to be. Just don't be a fool like me and ignore all the reviews that say this thing runs SMALL!
on 7 June 2017
This is a very supportive item, which is relatively comfortable to wear. I say relatively, as I do feel a slight bit of pressure on the tops of my shoulders, due to the way the back is designed. It doesn't hurt though, and does no restrict me in any way while running.
( I do not have broad shoulders by the way), but this sensation is eased considerably by adjusting the length of the straps.

Negatives: The top clasp can be awkward to do up.
Positives: The cup size is spot on, though I recommend going up 1 back size for a tight, comfortable fit.
on 13 September 2016
I can see why it's called Ultimate Run Bra, because once you've tried it, nothing else compares. Best run bra I have ever tried/used. It fits extremely snuggly, but once your girls are strapped in there, they are going nowhere! 😁 No rubbing, no chaffing, and no jiggling, I feel so much more confident road running when I'm wearing this bra. I love it so much I have purchased it in seven different colourways. Now THAT is testament to how fabulous it is!

And I love that it is available in an excellent range of cup sizes AND back sizes, says the girl with the small back but big cups 😉.
on 9 May 2016
Following the advice I'd seen from other reviews on other sports bras I went up a bra size and down a cup size - and still this was like putting on a badly fitting wet suit. You break into a sweat just trying to get into it and the clasps are really uncomfortable on your back, particularly I would imagine if part of your gym routine consists of floor work. There are better (and cheaper) sports bras available in my opinion.
on 4 June 2015
Too small. Buy size up if you do buy. Cost me £6 to return. Your only choice is to pay £6 to Amazon to return. I returned over month ago and still waiting for refund. RUBBISH!!
Even when I did squeeze on I jumped up and down and almost knocked myself out. I'd give zero stars if I could
on 9 June 2017
I'm a 30FF. Knowing that Shock Absorber bras are too small, both in back and cup, I ordered a 32FF.
I received a 32F. I managed to close the back, but could barely breathe! It's still way too small, even though it's 1 size above...
I'm returning it and going back to Freya's sport's bras.
on 7 December 2015
I have had several sports bras over the last couple of years. This one I purchased fits like a glove, there is no rubbing like you get with some bras. I needed to go a size larger in the back. But this bra is very comfortable and holds you well. Fantastic support for doing my running. It is a little bit awkward to fasten the shoulder straps. However, if you put the bra on first fasten the clip, lift your arms and just hook the other clip together its not really that hard.
on 16 January 2012
Having read the reviews, I decided to purchase this running bra. I can't believe how poor my previous sports bras are next to this one. The big brand one's are terrible, even the so called high impact bras and I will never waste another penny on one again!

I wear a 36B bra size but brought the 36D and was so glad because the fit is perfect.(big thanks to other reviewers for sizing tips) I did have to practice doing the extra clasp a couple of times but I've got the hang of it now. It's worth the stretch to do it up because the support is fabulous.

This sports bra is fantastic, comfortable, and I will definitely be purchasing many more. I can now run faster due to the outstanding booby support. I've realised that a substandard sports bra will hold you back from improving your performance. No joke!